RiverClan

Water feeds RiverClan, cools them and keeps them safe from foxes, dogs and curious Twolegs.

Water surrounding the camp also allows them to choose whether to fight or not, knowing that few cats are brave enough to swim across their borders to attack.

Some say that they are too quick to hide behind their barricade of streams, but it's easier to call them cowards than admit that they have an advantage over all the other Clans.

They can slide out of rivers like fish with fur, silently flooding the shore before their enemy knows they are there.

Their sleek, glossy fur as thick as a kittypet's may not seem much, but look closer and you'll find strong legs that can carve through water and tails that steer them through the swiftest currents.

They hunt not with speed or stealth or pounces, but with lightning reflexes, scooping fish from the lake while they drowse below the surface.

In close combat, they are the most feared among all the Clans because they can hold their enemy down and rake their bellies until they beg for mercy.

If the ground is too open for close combat, they'll lure their enemies to the shore and drag them into the water to fight there.

Other cats' fur quickly becomes sodden and heavy, pulling them down, but their fur sheds water like feathers on a duck.

They stay light and nimble, freed by the water rather than trapped by it. Their enemies don't stand any chance of winning when the laws fights alongside them.

RiverClan warriors gave developed special techniques for fighting in water.

Water Combat Moves:

1) Double-Front-Paw Slap-Down: Splashes water into the face of the enemy.

2) Underwater Leg Sweep (Front or Hind): The opponent will not see it coming under the water so won't have a chance to brace himself before losing his balance.

3) Push-Down and Release: Almost all non-RiverClan cats panic if they are submerged, while RiverClan cats know how to hold their breath underwater. This move can be used to secure a decisive victory, because it's most likely to Make the opponent surrender.

4) Underwater Clinch: Uses warrior's weight to hold the opponent below the surface, with a firm grip that enables the warrior to bring his enemy spluttering back to the surface before forcing him under again.

5) Tail Splash: Temporarily blinds opponent by flicking in his eyes.

6) Underwater Push-Off: Crouching and erupting out of the water into opponent, using surprise and impact to knock him off balance.

7) Rushpaw Splash: Using noise of water splashed at a distance to create a decoy, leaving opportunity for a surprise attack.