《 Chapter 3: Come Rain or Shine 》

As the group are on their way to get to the surface to meet up with the Spark, everyone introduces themselves to Edge as Y/N introduces herself next.

"The name's Y/N. What you did out there was amazing."

"It was nothing. Just doing what's right." Edge replied.

"Forgive me for asking, but who's that little black Spark of yours?"

A plump, black Spark with three shields behind it glances at her.

"His name is Exosphere. I found him along the way of my adventure."

"Well, I think he looks adorable and tough. You must be very brave to protect Edge."

Exosphere quickly looks away with a bashful look with a hint of pride. Edge smiles a little. Rabbid Y/N pops in their conversation.

"Hi, I'm Rabbid Y/N. Nice to meet you. I hope we can become great, great friends."

"I doubt it." Edge said, looking away.

"I'm curious, what exactly brought you to suddenly wanting to help us defeat Cursa as well as helping us and the Sparks?" asked Rabbid Y/N.

Edge went silent with a hint of tense of her posture but kept walking forward. Exosphere frowns and shakes his head at them to not ask her furthermore questions.

"Forgive my friend, it's just it's the first time we saw you and we can be very careful with trusting people." Y/N said.

"It's fine."

"Y-You can tell us later. Sorry about that." Rabbid Y/N said.

Edge said nothing, but just nods before they caught up with the group. Y/N and Rabbid Y/N looks at each other, then to Edge with worry and at the same time a little curious about her but will find out once the time is right. Along the way, they discover histories from the portraits on the cave wall as well as knowing about Augie's past while meeting Professor Backpack. They even did the puzzles, saving the Blue Toad from the Darkmess Puddle, and now they're onto their destination to the room full of pictures with missing pieces. They go over to the fountain full of water and suddenly the voice spoke to them.

"Psst! Restore the paintings!"

Shocked the thing could talk, they lean towards it and listen.

"I heard Augie painted himself in a corner again! Help him save face by solving the riddle!"

"The riddle?" Rabbid Y/N questioned.

"Ooh! A talking fountain! We SHOULD solve the riddle - It might grant us a wish!" Beep-0 said excitedly.

They started solving the riddle by placing the correct picture of the face that are missing on the paintings as they did on all four of them before the loud rumble was heard. It started to create a staircase for them to cross where they can see the way out. Suddenly, something bright is radiating off from the water fountain as it popped out to reveal a yellow Spark that rides a grey leaf with a hint of lightning bolt behind it. It gives them a smile before flying away to the opening.

Everyone quickly followed after it as they're now outside where the beach is still raining. Suddenly, they stopped to see a giant Darkmess puddle, giving them a guess that the yellow Spark they followed must've been captured and taken into the Darkmess. Without hesitation, they all went into the puddle. Finally, they're in the place where they can see a temple opening covered in Darkmess with Bob-ombs and Stooges guarding it.

"That poor Spark is being held captive behind that barrier! Let's tear it down so we can rescue it. Not our first Bob-omb rodeo. First, dash them. Second, pick them up. Third, throw them at the barrier. Repeat until desired result." Beep-0 said.