Chapter 2

-Here's your change- the taxi driver give him the change he had left over and waited for him to get out of the car completly.

Once the New Shire native had her bags downstairs she was able to see the man off and a sigh escaped her lips. As she admired the cabin that had once been her home she felt emotions overwhelm her. She never knew what happened to her mother's life, she didn't want to stop for a second to think about it, she just wanted to get away, put as many kilometers as possible between her and that toxic house that she once saw as her home, but in which in the last time before fleeing she had felt like a trap where disgust was drowning her and hatred and contempt for the person she had become consumed her inside.

He approached the entrance at a slow pace, the beams of the porch had fallen and half of the ceiling that covered the window that faced, from outside to inside to the living room, the ceiling had fallen to the ground, worn by the fury of The elements.

She left her bags by the stairs, taking her time pulling out the pot that had once housed a bouquet of the most precious white calla lilies. To this day the container contained nothing but inert soil and a strange yellow and brown worm with hairy legs; He moved the pot to the left and frowned when he saw that the spare key was not there, worn out by all the emotional burden that took him to take the courage to return to town, he opted for the most sensible decision.

The authorities would classify it as a forced entry, that is if the house was not his by inheritance.

He put the suitcases through the window opening, dropping them on the sofa of an ivory blue body that is at least 20 years old, he wiped the sleeves of his suit as he took courage and jumped over the door frame paving the place where ever belonged.

She settled on the sofa without letting her feet touch the ground, it would be real if she did, she would have broken the promise she had whispered to herself the days following her disappearance.

Never come back, she reminded herself holding the one-way ticket to New York that she had bought with the money she had stolen from her mother. "No matter how low you fall or how broken you feel, never come back."

He did it that way, he had kept his promise not to return for a long time, he slept on the street, ate what he begged for several years, before he came of age and was able to start looking for his own job. Her first day as a waitress at Starbucks had been the first day in years that a real smile escaped her lips. From her She put on her apron and her cap with enthusiasm, all the rudeness that her life had had with her little by little began to wane.

She found a building where she could rent a room, she bought her first sweatpants a few days after receiving her first salary, then a blouse and pants more suitable than the old jeans she had to be able to go to work presentable.

A year had passed and he had achieved all those small steps that at some point seemed impossible to them. Everything was going well, his desire to know everything he could about the world had awakened his fascination with books, after work he had formed a new routine, he went to a small library at the end of the street where the students went to borrow or buy a second-hand book for his classes. She ate the books with her eyes, whole hours and hours of her weeks sitting in there filled with knowledge. Knowledge that made her yearn for her own college degree, she imagined herself sitting at a desk, a nice mahogany-colored table, her name on a plaque on the door announcing... what? She didn't know what she wanted to study, for a long time she only knew how to work as a barista in that bar on 101st and Maine,