2. Awakened.

[[Hello everyone and welcome to Chapter 2 of "Transformers: Annihilation". I really hope you all enjoyed the first chapter. I've wanted to do this book for a while now and I'm really happy that I'm writing it. Without further ado, enjoy reading!!]]

In his little room that is supposed to be spewing with ideas of inventions, Cade sits in a chair at a workbench as he preforms a little surgery on Cogman. The reason? A gear within his right hand had broken and fallen out of place. Cade sits there working on it with the sun beaming into the closed off room upstairs. Whilst twisting a gear back into place, he reflects on his life without his daughter, Tessa. He misses her a lot but he knows that he cannot be around her. He doesn't want the whole "I'm friends with alien beings" thing to interfere with her life, especially since the events of Hong Kong and Stonehenge. 

He wants her to live a normal life and in order for her to live a normal life, he can't be there with her. It always strikes a nerve within him whenever he thinks about it but alas, there's nothing he can do about it. He can only imagine how happy she can be. He can only imagine his daughters smile and how happy she can be. Cogman notices the eerie silence and speaks up about it.

Cogman: "Is something the matter, master Cade?"

Cade: "Huh? No, no, I'm fine.. Also what'd I tell you about calling me Master? Makes me sound wise when I'm the exact opposite of that."

Cogman: "My apologies. Should I refer to you as 'misogynistic punk' from now on?"

Cade: "No, what's up with you man? You ever gonna let that go?"

Cogman: "Actually, the little blue beetle downstairs keeps calling you that behind your back."

Cade: "Tell Sqweeks that if he keeps it up, I'll shove this wrench up where the sun doesn't shine."

Cogman: "But us Cybertronians do not have--"

Cade: "--Don't finish that sentence, I'm just about done."

Cogman: "Ah, very well."

Cade lifts the wrench away and Cogman sits up on the wooden table, waving his right hand around to make sure it works again. As he was testing it out, he looks over back at Cade. Who can now be seen facing away from Cogman, his head resting on his arm whilst he looks out the window to see a sunny sky with some Cybertron tentacle grounds laying on the planets surface. Cogman could only sense that Cade was either sulking or he was upset about something. Cogman sits on the table and decides to ask the 'last knight' a question.

Cogman: "Cade, you cannot keep sulking about keeping your daughter out of your life. She is safe and--"

Cade: "--Happy without me."

Cogman: "That is not what I--"

Cade: "--No, no, no. I heard you loud and clear Cogman. My daughter is happy and safe with me on the other side of the world."