Chapter 2: Betrayal

Third POV

"How about we start since I met you guys in the woods?" Percy inquired and the primordials nodded. The hunters were still apprehensive about Percy and his new overpowering friends that can easily kill them all with the snap of their fingers.

"Good idea, so... who would like to start?" 

And so they spent a few minutes giving them a summary how what were the creatures and why they don't want the Olympians to find out about them. Artemis understood why they didn't want them to know and if she disagreed she didn't have much choice seeing as she was cornered by 5 powerful primordials and the strongest demigod alive. They were surprised to know that their weapons weren't going to be able to pierce their skin and that only weapons with the essence of an immortal were capable of doing any damage. 

"So that is why Perseus' sword is capable of cutting through their skin," Artemis stated and the primordials along with Percy nodded. Artemis was scared for her hunters. If to kill just one of them they needed someone as powerful and as strong as Percy... they were in serious trouble, even more since their weapons can't pierce their skin. 

"Once you leave you are never going to speak of this to anyone, not your brother, even less your father," Nyx ordered Artemis. She was a bit taken aback by the sudden order and when she was about to retort they noticed the sudden change in body posture of Percy and Pontus. 

"Percy, Pontus, is everything alright?" Erebus asked with a bit of concern and confusion. His concerns skyrocketed once he saw that their faces were paled and they seemed to barely have a hold of themselves.

"Pontus, did you feel what I did?" Percy shakily asked, dreading the answer of the primordial of the seas. Pontus simply nodded and Percy knew that they were in serious trouble.

"We have to leave, now," Percy and Pontus stood up and closed their eyes for a quick second before both of them turned toward the direction that they had come from. Percy capped riptide and put it in his pocket before closing his eyes in concentration. Pontus was right next to him and doing the same thing. The rest of the primordials immediately understood what they were doing and got to their feet heading in the opposite direction.

"Follow us if you want to live," Aether told the hunters. They looked at their mistress who grudgingly followed them, leaving behind the son of Poseidon and the primordial of the seas. 

"What is going on if I may ask? And what are Perseus and Lord Pontus doing?" Artemis asked.

"They are giving us enough time to escape imminent death," Nyx responded while keeping her eyes looking at the front. Erebus and her children were behind her summoning their weapons and getting ready for battle if necessary. 

"What are you talking about Lady Nyx?" Reyna spoke up for the first time in the day. The hunters and their mistress nodded in agreement before they suddenly stopped in a clearing. The primordials were looking at all of them thinking of what to do with them before answering.

"While in our training we came up with solutions and plans for certain situations. The most aggressive and lethal of them is the one that is happening right now. Percy and Pontus are going to slow down a tremendous amount of aliens with their earthshaking and water powers to give us enough time to figure out what to do," Nyx answered. The hunters' and Artemis' faces were drained out of their color and look back from where they had come from leaving behind a demigod and the primordial of the seas. 

"We need Tartarus if we are going to save all of them, there is no way they are going to be able to survive in Tartarus for more than an hour without either the fire or his blessing," Erebus pointed. The hunters and Artemis got even more nervous about what they were talking about. They were talking about taking them to Tartarus. They were trying to save them, but that didn't make the uneasiness waver at all.