Chapter 169

Title: Alola League Finals Ending

-Chapter Start-

''Is that a Zoroark? It looks much different than the one I saw last year. It has to be a variant and definitely Ghost-Type because that Brick Break phase through.'' Cross thought.

''Stone Edge!''

''Balberith!''

Balberith the Hisuian Zoroark ran across the battlefield, avoid the Stone Edge.

''Shadow Claw!''

''Crunch!''

Balberith slashed at Lycanroc who stepped to the side dodging every Shadow Claw before tackling in with Crunch, chomping onto Balberith getting a sneer.

''Use Bitter Malice!''

Lycanroc felt its skin crawling and its fur rising up, being inflicted by the attack. 

''Now Shadow Ball!''

Balberith blasted Lycanroc back but it still refused to get down on a knee.

''He's the weakest member of the team because of how late I got him.'' Lehua thought.

''Sludge Bomb!''

''Dodge them and go right in with Throat Chop!''

Lycanroc avoided all of the Sludge Bomb as the smoke enveloped the pair to which Lycanroc swung but Balberith was nowhere within its visions.

''Shadow Claw!''

Lycanroc gawked when Balberith appeared by the side and buried his claws into Lycanroc, holding it up.

''Crunch!''

Lycanroc bit onto Balberith's arm and pulled him right in.

''Throat Chop!''

Being stabbed in the throat, the spiteful Pokemon groaned being thrown down.

''Stone Edge!''

''Use Protect!''

The Stone Edge exploded on it.

Balberith and Lycanroc growled menacingly.

''Bitter Malice!''

''Outrage!''

Lycanroc blew through the Bitter Malice and began throwing strikes into Balberith multiple times but Balberith wasn't going down without a fight and began slashing back with Shadow Claw.

Both Pokemon were getting beaten up severely to a point it just looked like a dogfight.

Balberith's eyes glowed purple, giving an antagonistic powerful presence that Lycanroc backed off, opening its eyes to find a giant purplish canine like head grinning down on it before lunging.

Lycanroc flinched but realized nothing was done.

''Lycanroc!''

''Shadow Claw!''

Lycanroc was snapped out of the illusion when Balberith took the shot and stabbed into Lycanroc, causing it drop down.

''Lycanroc is unable to battle! Zoroark is the winner!''

''Okay, both Kommo-o and Lycanroc are down.'' Lehua thought with relief.

Cross sighed, completely caught off guard by what Balberith did.

''Ghost-Type and it's still able to produce illusions but I saw those tentacles glowing. Need a way around it.'' Cross thought before revealing his fourth Pokemon.