Prologue

(A/N: TW for scars, needles, and cutting, if any of those things triggers you, please be warned. Sorry i didn't put this up the first time.

~S)

 I didn't try to hide anymore. It was pointless. The camera always knew where I went. He just had to call the man on the radio, and he told him where I was.

            I could hear him coming. The clomping footsteps on the floor, the scratching of his pencil against paper. He was very loud. So were his thoughts. It wasn't as ordered like the others. The little white... hospital gown, I think, is what the nurse called it when I asked her, was rumpled from my hands holding it tightly, afraid of what was going to happen.

            I heard the beep of the keypad and the whoosh of the door. I curled up in on myself. I wouldn't let them take me today. No, I'd stop them. I wouldn't let them hurt me this time. I could fight them today. I could do it today. They wouldn't give me the shots today. I wouldn't feel the fire and ice today.

            I thought the same thing everyday. But today was the day.

            "Jaime," the doctor cooed, reaching for me. "How are you feeling today?"

            I shrunk away from his touch, whimpering. Not today. Not today.

            He sighed. "Always choosing the hard way. Guards, bring her to the lab," he said.

            "No!" I screamed when the guards came for me. "No! Don't touch me!"

            I kicked and screamed, trying to fight them as they grabbed my arms. They were big and strong. They always seemed to get bigger no matter how much I grew. One of my feet connected with one of their sides. He let out a huff of breath, and his grip loosened. It was all I needed. I slipped my one arm out, and started hitting the other man. The shock of it caused his grip to loosen as well, and I slipped out and dropped on the floor.

I turned and ran as fast as I could. I could see the doors. I kept running. I was going to get out. I let out a cheer. I saw red and white-stripped tents far away. There was a town even further away, so I knew once I got there, I was going to have to hide until I could get to the town.

            Suddenly, I felt two huge arms wrap around my body.

            "No!" I shrieked, reaching out for the door. I turned around and started hitting the man as hard as I could with my fists. It did nothing. "Let me go!"

            He said nothing, only carried me to the white room. The white room was where I got my shots.

            "Jaime, Jaime, Jaime," the doctor said. "What have I told you about running?"

            I glared and fought when they tried to put the straps on my wrists.

            "Stop it!" I shouted.

            "Even after all these years, she still has fight in her," the doctor said, shaking his head. The guards said nothing only stood with their guns.  The doctor pulled out his tape recorder and started talking into it.

            "Experiment 5392, name: Jaime Dawson, Age: 7 years 3 months, currently undergoing shots of C-915, mental enhancement, and shots of F-637, healing enhancement. Last experiment alive in the Scorpion Project, due to unknown reasons. Day 1862, and we'll start with F-637," he said, like he did every day.

            He pulled out the bottle with the orange liquid and a metal stick. He filled the metal stick until it was over half full. He turned to me.