Chapter 11

I called everyone else, and it was a range of yelling and swearing in Russian from Tasha, quiet concern from Bruce, Tony calling for a reassemble in New York asap, and a bunch of yelling from Thor. No he wasn't upset, that's just how Thor talks. He's really loud over the phone, Jesus. Jane was worried and told me to come see her the minute I could.

All-in-all, I breathed a sigh of relief when the phone calls were done.

I tossed my phone on the bed by Steve. "That's the last one," I said, propping my feet back on the bed. Sam sat looking a little stunned. Steve smiled amusedly.

"Better you than me," he said, and I shoved his shoulder slightly.

"Shut up," I said, chuckling. "They all told me that you had to call once you could."

"We get it, you guys are adorable," Sam said, rolling his eyes. "How exactly do you expect to get in and out of here?"

I gave him a look, then teleported to Clint's house. He rolled his eyes when he saw me digging in his fridge.

"Do you still have any of that pie?" I asked him.

Clint leaned against the counter, arms crossed over his chest. "What the hell is going on JJ?"

"Uhh," I said, moving things around to find the freaking pie. "SHIELD was compromised by Hydra, and we took it down, Steve got shot by his best friend in the process. Ironically enough, same guy who warned you HYDRA was sniffing around me."

"James?" Clint said. "The Winter Soldier, shot Cap? And is Cap's best friend!"

"Uh, yeah, been a crazy few days," I said, peeking to a bag of homemade pizza, then a bowl of potato salad. "Then, after Cap fell, oh, about 400 feet into water, bullet wounds and all, James dragged him out. After a slight hysterical moment, I went down to help."

"Slight hysterical moment?" Clint said.

"Well, Clint, if you saw me or Tasha take a 400 foot fall from a helicarrier, would you be calm and collected?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "The correct answer is no, by the way."

"Who fell from a helicarrier?" Laura asked.

"Steve," I told her, and found the pie.

"Steve fell from a helicarrier?" she asked.

"Yeah, into the Potomac," I told her, nonchalantly. "Don't worry, he's fine, a few slugs to the stomach, a couple of bruises, he'll be good in a day or two."

"JJ," Clint said, and I saw Laura's face. She looked horrified.

"Sorry," I said, wincing. Laura left, shaking her head in disbelief. I shot Clint an apologetic look, and made sure the kids weren't around. I felt around mentally and saw they were playing in the back.

"So, that's why I couldn't get a hold of you yesterday when I got back," Clint said, nodding.

"Yeah, I talked to Tasha, Bruce, Tony, Thor, and Jane," I told him. He gave me an amused look.

"I bet that was fun," He said.

"Of course," I said, laughing.

I stole the pie and cut it into two pieces really quick, putting them on paper plates. "See ya around. Avoid Capitol Hill. Maria called it. I have some army committee that I have to talk to, but Hill has the rest. So, yeah, you might stay out of DC for a bit."

"I have plenty to do here," he said, and kissed my forehead.

I smiled. "Have fun. Tell Laura and the kids I love them."