Chapter 8 part 2

They never seemed to stop. As soon as we took down a dozen, two dozen more showed up. They just kept coming.

We kept fighting on the intersection, keeping as much of the fighting as we could on us. Every few laps, Stark would come down and give us some elbow room so we could breath for a second before heading back up. Hulk went after the Leviathans, beating the shit out of them until they fell from the sky, sometimes with the help of Thor. Clint shot down chariots, and called out any large groupings coming for Cap and I, or a group of chariots for Stark. At some point the army showed up, allowing Cap and I to move around a little more.

About 2 hours in, Clint told Cap of a group of civilians being held hostage in a bank. While I kept fighting on the ground, Cap took care of it. Not 3 minutes after he went in, there was an explosion. I let my guard down long enough to see Cap falling from a third story window, and the alien I was fighting to flip me over his shoulder, and onto the ground. I snarled, and took his head off with my knives.

I stood and looked for Cap. I saw him lying on a car.

"Steve!" I shouted, running over to him. He got up as I got there. He was breathing heavy, He had a few wounds on his arm, and he had held his stomach.

"Hey, hey," I said, trying to get his attention. He looked like he was out of it. I checked around us. "Steve, you okay?"

"What?" he asked, sounding... defeated? I looked closer at his expression, and saw he started to look defeated as well.

"Come on, Cap, don't make me slap you in the middle of a battle," I told him, smiling a little. That seemed to wake him up.

"Jaime?" he said.

"Yeah, hi," I said. "You remember, aliens, blue glow cube, Loki, end of the world. Come on."

He seemed to steel. "Right. Let's go," he said, his voice taking on that patriotic hint it did sometimes when he was determined.

"Clint, you've got anything for us?" I asked him, tapping my earpiece.

"Yeah, there's a couple dozen coming for you from the north," he said. "Eye's open Jay," he said.

"Shut up, Clint," I told him, spotting the aliens he was talking about, running towards them. Cap stayed frozen in place. "Cap, you coming or are you going to make me take them all down by myself?"

He blinked, and then ran after me. I smirked, and took my knives out.

We kept fighting, and Thor eventually joined in with us. I was bopping around, teleporting from alien to alien, taking them out one by one, from the back forward. I heard the shots, and looked up to see multiple chariots shooting at a building. Hulk.

"Clint," I said, pressing my com. nothing. "Clint? Where are you?"

"I'm okay," Clint coughed. "Out of arrows."

"Shit, okay, where's your extra stash?" I asked him.

"On the quinjet," he said, taking another deep breath.

"Any on the hellicarrier?" I asked, slicing into another alien.

"Yeah," he said. "Suit room, third locker over."

"On it," I told him. I teleported quickly to the hellicarrier, and ran down the halls to the suit room. I grabbed a bag and as many arrows as I could fit. I quickly teleported back to Manhattan, to the perch where Clint had been. He was gone and there was barely anything left.