Chapter 5

We waited until the hallway was clear, and then jogged over to the door. Steve broke the handle, and pried the door open. We both slipped through, and closed it. Nodding to each other, we slipped off in different directions.

            It took him 3 minutes.

            "Jaime!" he half-shouted, half-whispered.

            I looked in his head; saw where he was, and teleported there. He was next to a crate, the top one pried open. I looked in, and closed my eyes, leaning on the case.

            "I'm going to kill Nick Fury if it is the last thing I do," I whispered. "Damn it! God damn it!"

            "Calm down," Steve told me, grabbing my shoulders with his hands.  I took a deep breath.

            "Sorry. I just should've known better. Grab one," I told him. "We'll show it to Tony and Bruce, figure out what the hell we're going to do from there."

            He nodded, and picked it up, examining it.

            "It's a Hydra weapon," Steve said.

            "Didn't Hydra get their power source from the cube?" I asked him. "Zulu, or Zola or something."

            "Zola," Steve muttered, angry. "Can you get us to the lab without being seen?" he asked.

            "If you can clear your head enough that you don't have another headache like the one you had before," I told him.

            He nodded, and closed his eyes. I looked in his head, and when I saw the moment of blankness I needed, I put a hand on his arm and the weapon and teleported us to outside the lab.

            vvv

   Steve nodded to me and then strode into the lab, weapon in hand.

            "What is Phase 2?" Tony asked.

            Steve dropped the weapon on the table.

            "Phase 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons," Steve said. Then to Tony, "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me."

            Fury tried to explain. "Rodgers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're-" he started, but Tony interrupted.

            "Sorry, Nick, what were you lying?" Tony asked, turning the screen. On it was the schematics of a nuke.

            "I was wrong director," Steve said. "The world hasn't changed at bit."

            I glared at Fury.

            "Jay," he started.

            "You put my family in the middle of this on purpose, didn't you?" I asked him. "You wanted us all involved in your game. You wanted to make sure all three of us were there when you decided to start using Tesseract nukes. We're spies, right? We'll understand. Did you plan on Clint getting taken?"

            "No," he said, and that's when Tasha and Thor walked in.

            "Did you know about this?" I demanded from her.

            "You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Tasha asked him, ignoring me. That just made me madder.