Chapter 6

I ran behind Steve.

            "Hey," I said. "What frequency are you and Tony on?" I asked him.

            "1," he said.

            I pulled out my earpiece and programmed it. "There are three going to keep the engine down," I announced to the both of them. "3 going after Loki, 2 with older Barton to attack the bridge."

            "Why aren't you going to the bridge?" Steve asked.

            "I'll back you up, and then go after him when you're good," I told him. "Fury should have him handled. Hopefully. If not, Tasha or I will find him."

            He nodded, and we got to blast sight. The door had blown clean off.

            "Stark, we're here," Steve said.

            "Good, let's see what we've got," he said. He flew over in the Iron Man suit and examined the wreckage.

            "I got to get this super conducting cooling system back online before I can access the rotors and work on dislodging the debris," Tony muttered.

            I watched behind us, gun out – unfortunately my knives wouldn't be much help in this situation – ready for the agents I knew were coming.  

            "I need you two to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position," Tony said, and slipped into the hole he created to get into the rotors.

            Steve took a step back and jumped over the broken railings to the control panel. I just teleported over there. Steve opened up the panel.

            "What does it look like in there?" Tony asked.

            "It seems to run on some form of electricity," Steve said, stumped.

            "Well, you're not wrong," Tony said.

            I smiled sympathetically, handed him my gun and looked into the panel. "2, 3, 5, and 6," I told Tony. He asked for a few things, told me how to fix what I didn't know, and then started to push the rotor.

            That's when Loki's buddies showed up.

            "Damn it," I snarled, and took the gun from Steve, and shot the grenade the guy threw before it could be anywhere near the engine. Then I shot him.

            "Stay by the damn lever so Tony doesn't become scrap metal," I told Steve and teleported back down there. I shot the second guy, and fought the third. He hesitated in punching me, like all men seem to, remembered this isn't elementary school, and swung, giving me enough time to duck, before socking him in the face. Then I grabbed my gun and shot him in the shoulder, figuring we should have one guy to interrogate. And I didn't want to kill him point blank while he was out cold. I teleported back up to Steve and reached out to Clint's head.

            I watched just as he shot the arrow, and took town Engine 1.

            "Shit," I said, and grabbed onto the railing as the hellicarrier tipped.

            Steve wasn't so lucky. He went over the edge

            "Steve!" I shouted, and when the carrier leveled back out, I ran over and saw he was dangling on a black cord. I breathed a sigh of relief.