Chapter 2

Phil threw his bag and books on his bed, and eyed Dan as he did the same. "So?" Phil asked, "anything you want to do to pass the time?"

"Well, right now i'd like to go to the toilet." Dan replied, laughing. Sittting at his desk, Phil grumbled. He knew he had to do some revision for his Geometry exam (He'd bascally been asleep in the lecture.) He   unzipped his bag and took a handful of books. Placing them on the table beside him, Phil noticed there was something left in his bag. Right at the bottom, slightly crushed by the books, lion, still reasonably tattered, stared back at him.

"Dan! get in here please!" Phil hollered, slightly shaken. "What" he replied. "Did you take lion out of my locker and put him in my bag, like, as a joke?" Phil gulped. "No, why is lion in your bag?" "It doesn't matter, it's just I'm sure I left him in my locker."

An invite slipped through their door. "To Dan and Phil. University party at 10:00pm tonight. Chris's flat. Food and drink provided. Hope you can come." "Hey Dan, we've got an invite to a party Chris is having, tonight." "Cool, is there food provided?" "Yeah," Phil stopped and laughed, "I hope he has poptarts, I tried one on my video last week, delicious."

Evening drew near, and the sky outside grew darker and darker. Dan and Phill arrived at Chris's door. "Come in!" they heard. The room was dark, and light of every colour zipped everywhere, illuminating the faces of some of Dan and Phil friends- Chris, PJ, Carrie...

Phil stopped. He began to walk towards the window, followed by Dan. through the flashes of strobe lights, Phil saw lion sitting on the windowsill. "Alright!" Phil grimaced, "I did NOT put Lion there!" "Lion's moved again?" Dan repied quizzically. "Yep!"

Phil reached out to pick up Lion, and everything stopped, besides him and Dan. Although the strobe light continued, Phil could see the entire population of the party had froze like statues.

Lion's eyes began to glow; first a light blue, but gradually growing darker and brighter. "Dan!" Phil screamed, "What's happening!" "I d-don't know!" almost immediately after that, Dan blacked out, followed closely by Phil. What was happening