Chapter 5

Dan mouthed the words, " Help me." But Phil knew there was nothing he could do, so he mouthed back, "Stay still, calm." And Dan nodded, visibly shaking. he had to chuckle inside a little bit though. This was the least funny situation he'd been in for as long as he could remember, but the fact that this situation was so stereotypical in movies and films humoured him.

The Lion people continued growling at each other until the Mechanic bent down and began measuring the water pipe. Dans entire body went stiff and he shuffled as far under the bed as he could. After a few measurements, the Mechanic found a suitably sized square of plastic and glued it in place, stopping the leak. After thanking the Mechanic, the Lion people sat down on their beds as he left. Dan was almost crying. "I have an Idea!" Lion announced. "Well?" Phil whispered. "Watch." he returned. 

As quick as he could turn his head, lion was gone. Looking around the room, he could see him on the cabinet. Then lion people turned, and purred. They approached Lion and growled between themselves. One of them shrugged their shoulders and they returned to reading and the surfing the internet.

Again, Lion dissapeared, but this time he was on the bed beside the Lion girl that was reading. She turned and jumped away in shock, growling surprisedly. The other lion girl ran over and they both stared at lion. His eyes began to glow, brighter and brighter, and the lion people passed out, then faded away. "Did you kill them!" Phil whispered, shocked. "No, I did to them what I did to you. They're in a different universe now, they'll have to find their own way back, I'm sticking with you." he replied. 

Phil smiled and Dan crawled out from under the bed and heaved out a breath he'd been holding for some time. With Phil's help we re-entered the vent, and continued. 

After about 5 minutes of paced crawling, they came to a stop. A grate similar to the one they entered through was blocking their path, they could see slits of light- It was the end of the vent. "Whew!" Dan whispered, "this crawling is hurting my back."

Phil peered through the vent, it was the corridor their room was on, in their universe, of course. No doubt this room was home to Lion Dan and Phil, but Lion could take care of that.