OLD PRESSURE COOKER

An old pressure cooker, like a locomotive, releasing hot air through the valve, after so much time serving their mistress, steaming servings of meat and beans, was condemned to bleak abandonment. His fate could be a grave of a stinking dump, or maybe the gigantic press of a junkyard, and his body thrown to the material or flies, or fragmented to be recycled into another object.

Not caring much about the fate of the pan, Dona Antonia decided to donate it to a lady from the periphery, which commonly knocked on the door, asking for material recycling. It was the only means of survival that poor lady and a fighter. Such was happiness, that creature has spent much of his visit by thanking peculiar gift of Dona Antonia.

Often in life we despise people by their appearance, the clothes they wear, the dirt on the nails that carry at unkempt hair, the strange way of speaking and walking. We despise these people without even really know the inside, his true identity, his true value. We are strongly attracted by looks, by standard model in our social environment over the virtues and qualities of human values. Not always cleaning and outer beauty matches the true inner beauty of the human being. The largest vanity of these people is to keep life simple and as natural as possible, "fresh", with authenticity and spontaneity, so they are often confused and not understood, excluded from their midst.

On the same day, Mrs. Antonia bought a new pressure cooker to replace the old. It was quickly removing the packaging and taking fire. Waited for the same cooking time of the old pot. Such was his disappointment when you open the lid and see that the meat had not yet reached the point of cooking. I wonder what was wrong? Maybe the meat was poor quality and needed to stay longer fire. It took an hour or two ... meat and nothing to get to the point before and flavor achieved by the old pot. Distrustful of the butcher, went to the butcher shop and snapped up with the poor guy, telling him that he had cheated with that meat sucks.

Time passed and never Dona Antonia got a pot that reached the point of smoothness and speed in cooking pot as that old woman donated to the periphery. There were more than a dozen new pots and none was able to surpass the efficiency of the former.

One day, visiting a craft fair that took place in the main square of the city, Mrs. Antonia felt a delicious aroma in the air. He approached a stall where it was being served feijoada. The smell was so inviting that Dona Antonia could not resist and bought a lot. Served up right there, on a table next to the tent. The broth of feijoada, the cooking of spices, the flavor seemed very familiar. In his mind rekindled memories of his old pressure cooker.

At that moment, Mrs. Antonia perked up, he felt happy. Maybe the pan that had been made that feijoada was some unknown brand, but the end result was the same reached by its former pot. He got up from the table and asked the girl who served him earlier:

__ Could you tell me what is the brand of pressure cooker that was made this delicious feijoada?

__ Brand? When my mother won the pot she had no marks whatsoever. It was full of dents and reckless that even the brand had faded. The only brand that has it, is the mark of love that my mom left in the pan.

__ Make love? - Marveled Dona Antonia.

Yes __ Of love, of happiness by having won a lady named Dona Antonia would move the pan in the trash. It was the greatest gift my mother won. She always wanted a pressure cooker like that, but the money was so little they could not buy anything like it.

Dona Antonia's eyes filled with tears. Still joined forces to ask:

__ But the pot was not junk?

__ Yes To Dona Antonia was just junk. To my mother did. She took the pot and the repair was brand new. It really is a very special pot, cook a bean and meat like no other. Many people have wanted to buy it, but my mother did not sell for any money in this world.

Dona Antonia, a sigh of regret, yet made a final question:

__ I could see this pot? Just curious.

__ Yes There she is - the girl pointed to the pressure cooker that was on a small stove in the corner of the tent.

__ Thank you, my dear. Now I can understand the true meaning of life - Dona Antonia said, his eyes growing wet, that object before that served for many years with such efficiency never replaced.

Without emotional condition to stay at that location, Dona Antonia went away.

"Some people have a magnificent interior, the virtues that have tried both, but its exterior is not pleasant, what makes us stand back from them. We forget that outward appearances can be improved, can be repaired, can be revitalized, while the interior, its essence, its peculiar character is something every human being, something that does not change even with all the wealth of the world. The difference who has a diamond in it and who carries a diamond in your pocket, is that this is always selfish, greedy, shallow, petty, ungrateful, treacherous, dangerous, and he is sensitive, authentic, reliable, true, simple, kind, honest and ethereal. "