Chapter 21: Group Infiltration

Time until Azul's contract expires: Two days

The next day, at the Exterior Hallway 2F, it's their lunch break, and Briar and the others explain to Ace and Deuce about their next plan.

"Finding a way to tear up an unbreakable contract?" Ace questions.

"That's right," Jasper says.

Ace grins, "Sweet! It's def underhanded, but hey."

"That approach does seem like it would have a far better prospect of working. I have to agree with Ace here, though," Deuce says.

"Aw, shaddup! If we stick to our morals, we'll be stuck with morays!" Grim says.

"That, and Azul's group cast the first stone," Jack says, "They told us to get a photo from under the sea, fully intending to thwart us at every turn. Leona may play dirty, but he's a brilliant playmaker. I think his idea's worth a shot.

"Can we maybe not say the same thing over and over?" Deuce asks.

Soon, Grim has the chills, "Brrr. Just remembering those twins chasin' us around in the water gives me the shivers!"

Sereia gently rubs Grim's head, "Don't worry, we'll make sure we won't face them.

Then Duce says in frustration, "Rgh. If only blast cycles worked underwater. Then they would've been eating my dust!"

"Uh-huh. Suuure, Loosey-Deucey. So... Mermen, huh," Ace replies.

Then says, "The Leech brothers are morays; I get that part. Is Azul like them when he's under the sea?"

Then Jack says, "I remember Leona referring to him as a 'cephalo-punk,' for what that's worth."

"Now that you mention it, some of the students said something like that. They called him cephalo-punk," Briar says.

"As in, cephalopod?" Deuce wonders. And grows a little concerned," So is he, like, an octo-merman?"

Grim is surprised, "Myah! If he got a bunch of legs in the water, he'd be even more dangerous than the morays!"

"No kiddin'. Which is why we're trying to brainstorm an approach that doesn't involve fighting them on their own turf," Jack says.

"Our first idea is to locate where all the contract souls are hidden," Briar says.

"But where could Azul hide that many scrolls?" Tanzanite wonders.

Briar thinks and says, "Well, I have this one idea."

Jack has an idea as well, "That vault in the VIP room did stand out like a sore thumb...

"Great! There's our angle. Let's sneak into Octavinelle right now!" Grim says excited.

"Nobody should be there on lunch break before the lounge opens. Let's go," Deuce says.

"Then let's hurry," Briar says.

Everyone then begins to make their way to the VIP room in the Octavinelle Dorm.

Sometime later, Briar and the others successfully sneak to the dorm and into the Monstero Lounge. Soon, they arrive at the VIP room. Grim gently opens the door and sticks his head out. He looks to see no one is in the room.

He turns to the others and says, "The coast is clear. Okay, gang, follow me!"

Soon, everyone walks into the dorm and they approach the vault.

"Looks like you were right. There's not a soul in sight," Jack says.

Deuce looks at the vault and says, "The vault's double-locked. It needs a passcode and a key."

Suddenly, Jack hears footsteps, "Shoot! Someone's coming!"

Soon, everyone hears footsteps to hear someone is coming.

"Ah, crud. Quick, hide!" Ace panics.

Everyone scrambles as they try to find a place to hide.

Sereia is able to find a place, "Quick, in here."

Everyone then scrambles inside and quickly squeezes in to make room.

"So...cramped... Jack, why you gotta be so big?!" Ace asks, feeling crushed..

Jack questions, "Wanna say that again?"

"Hey, don't move!" Ace whispers.

Briar shushes them, "Shhh. Quiet, someone's coming."

Everyone remains quiet as they char a click from the door.

Entering the VIP room is Azul.

He walks in and says, "Now, then..."