16. ɪɴꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ ʟɪɴᴇꜱ

(Third Person POV)

_nala honestly didn't expect anything to be turned over tonight, rather in the morning, but he was pleasantly surprised to find his friend bringing him exactly what he wanted.

"Welcome back!" _nala slid his mask off his face entirely.

Other Chosen waved as he came through the portal.

"So, Nal, I believe we have brought a special guest with us."

"Oh? Bring him in."

Second was pushed through and landed on the floor with a thud.

"Well I'll be damned. And you're sure this is the real one, right?"

"Real as can be. Stand up."

Other Chosen grabbed Second by the back of his neck and stood him up roughly on his feet.

"Whoa! Easy, Chosen. I know he's a prisoner but we need him well and healthy."

Second looked up and out the screen. It was true. Another Alan, but this one was different. He was much more tired, had a different choice of clothing (mostly for convenience), his glasses were cracked, but the most noticeable feature was he was completely missing his right eye. The eyelid of the missing right eye had stitches.

"You're _nala.. right?"

"Glad to see that you know it. So what happened? Did they really give you up, just like that? I thought they'd take way longer! Maybe Alan thought you weren't worth dying for-"

"It's because I'm not worth dying for, I know that, that's why I gave myself up."

They all paused for a moment.

"..oh. Oh my. How terribly noble of you!"

_nala laughed.

"How heart-wrenchingly sweet.. you know I considered going through with throwing Alan in jail anyway, but because of your little sacrifice, I'll let him slide as long as he doesn't get in my way. I'm a man of my word, really."

Second scowled.

"I must admit, you and your Alan's relationship must be very close. I'm surprised you wouldn't value yourself over that wimp, but that doesn't matter now. Now that I have you, I can finally start my plan."

"What do I even matter to you?"

"What do you matter? You are the most essential part of this whole plan! You're a source of great power, and I plan to use it!"

"No..? I don't have any powers."

"I'm certain you do. In fact, I know you do. Tell me, Second, was there ever a time when you were in mortal danger, and you just seem to shut down, or you just seem to pass out?"

Second was reluctant to answer, but he did.

"Yeah.. but only once."

"Bingo. That's how I can tell. See, when I first drew my Second, I tested him on his powers. No doubt, he was as powerful as you are now, of course before I took some of that power and stored it away for a dire situation. Every time that his powers activated, he had to be knocked out, and no doubt he was powerful."

"I was only knocked out because I got beat up and almost died!"

"Exactly. That's what we had to do. And.. let me guess.. When you woke up again, everything was suddenly alright again?"

"Yes but that was because Chosen was there! He has the powers, not me! I did nothing! I was just a distraction! Infact, I was the one who did nothing and watched my friends die in front of me. You got the wrong stick. Other me might have powers, sure, but that doesn't mean I do, ok?"

Second wiped away his tears with his bound hands and looked _nala dead in the eye. He, of course, looked back.

_nala smiled.

"Ah, I see what's happening here. You've been lied to. Chosen, would you please?"

"My pleasure."

Other Chosen grabbed Second's arm and sent a wave of energy down it, causing Second's hand to spark a huge green flame, so high it reached the top of the computer. Other Chosen leaped back as it ignited, but he reapproached Second as the flame died down and burnt out.

"What.."

"That's what I mean. Chosen meant for that to be an average flame. You've been lied to about your strength. It's sad you don't know about this. What a poor thing you are."

Second blinked a few times while just looking at his hand, realizing what he had done.

"It really is disappointing you never knew. But whatever. Don't worry, we won't lie to you here. Tomorrow is the day I finally win, and you're the reason why. Chosen, take our guest to his cell, and feed him well. He needs to be well rested, yeah?"

"You got it."

Nodding, Other Chosen dragged Second off to his cell.