Chapter 1

Hey guys, just so everyone knows now this was my very first story on this site that I started writing in my very early teens. (I'm 25 now) Not everything will be 100% accurate or in that time period just as a forewarning, some of the grammar may also be a bit weird. My writing style has changed quite a bit since I wrote this one! Thanks for reading and enjoy. (:

    "Eliza, you're going to be late!" Called the familiar voice of my grandmother (Her real name is Tabitha). "Don't worry grandma!" I yelled, while running fast towards the bakery. I walked in and my boss eyed me suspiciously. "You're late," Harry said coldly.

    "Sorry sir, I had to help my grandma with the garden," Was my lame reply. That sounded so stupid! I mentally kicked myself and smiled at him. He eyed me and said, "Get to work." I worked tirelessly for awhile, kneading dough and making it just right. I went to add some water, and looked at my reflection.

    I was what people called pretty, I guess. I had long, silky brown hair, that was naturally straight. People always said I have the face of an angel. My eyes are sky blue, that shine in the sun. I wasn't large, but I wasn't skinny either. I weighed around 150 pounds (About 68 kg) and I'm about 5"10. I'm pale, but it compliments my face well.

    I sighed deeply and got back to baking bread and other goodies. "Eliza!" A familiar voice called to me. I whirled and saw my best friend, Alec. "Hey Alec, come to get a taste of my goods?" I joked, while smiling at him. He laughed heartily and said, "You know it, Lizzy bear." I threw a dough ball at him and laughed. "I told you not to call me that, you dough head!"

    We both laughed for awhile until Harry appeared, glaring. "Sorry," Alec said, bowing to Harry. "I just came to walk Elizabeth back home after she's done." Harry blinked quickly, "Well she isn't done for another hour, don't distract her from her work." Alec nodded and Harry walked away.

    I worked hard for the next hour, aware of Alec trying to make me laugh with his funny faces. I hung up my apron, and walked out of the bakery with Alec.

    We walked down the streets together arm in arm. I could see girls looking his way, probably jealous. I never really thought of his looks, since he was my best friend. He's 6"0 with a muscular build, he has piercing green eyes and dark shaggy hair. His eye color is pretty rare around where I live.

    "Harry sure is rude, isn't he?" Alec said, looking at me. "He can be if you get on his bad side," I said, shrugging. I looked at all the houses and small shops around town. It wasn't much, but I had grown up here and I loved it. Alec suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me over to a fountain. "What are you doing?" I demanded, after he released me. He eyed the fountain water and dove in!

    A huge wave of water hit me and I got drenched. "ALEC!"I cried, trying to ring out the water in my clothes. He laughed loudly, pointing at me. "I thought you'd need to cool off!" I glared at him, then lunged into the fountain water myself. We spent most of the day like that, swimming together in the fountain. People kept glaring and staring at us, but we didn't care. It was almost evening when we actually started heading out.

    We walked to my house together hand in hand. "Do you want to stay over for dinner? My grandmas making her famous cabbage stew!" Alec chuckled, "Sure. I'll bring over some rice and we can have a nice meal." I smiled at him, he's such a nice guy. I got a little chilly, and it was at this point I noticed that I was still dripping water, I shivered. Alec looked at me curiously and then put his arm around my shoulder, keeping me warm. When we got back, my grandma was staring wide-eyed at us. "What happened to your clothes and why are you soaking wet?!" We both laughed, "We were playing in the water fountain at town square gramma."