Great reveal

It was early morning when I was summoned to visit my father. Previous day I wasn't able because of my long trip and I felt exhausted and Ougai was pestering me to visit him at the base which I managed to decline but he still sent me many calls that I gladly left unanswered. Im almost ready dressing. I take my black coat and hat from the rack. Before I finish, I do a quick hairstyle and then put on the hat and leave. A driver is ready on the street and I enter in the back.

The drive isn't that long to the port. The reason why my identity was kept a secret was because if in any case it was leaked, a traitor can come after me. Since I was important asset and the only trustworthy person to international connections.. it would ruin us heavily.

I exit the car and start walking to the elevator that leads me to top floor where Mori is. I didn't see anyone familiar yet but that is very welcoming because otherwise it would ruin the ceremony. It could have been casual party of Ougai welcoming me as official executive switching jobs to fulfill my skills for killing but no. Ougai, as he is very clingy, had to invite every high ranked personel to partake and welcome me in grand hall.

I knock on the doors I don't remember when I last saw them but very well know what's behind.

"Welcome in my dear!" Familiar voice shouts from inside and I twist the knob to enter. Big windows on my left were the only light, I saw him sit at his desk looking at papers. As I got closer Mori got up and rushed to meet me halfway in a big hug.

"Ah Yukiiii I missed you very much! Dear Elise was getting bored of me, now she has you! Welcome home my little-"

"Im not little dad... but thank you on the warm welcome"

The truth is I never knew my mother, I was alone with him since I learnt of the world and his role. I never dared to mention her either. Even if I was raised by a man I don't lack elegancy of a woman. I like myself, I can be vulnerable and simpathetic when Im alone and merciful when job requires it.

"When does it start?" I ask as I break the hug and walk over to sit on the sofa. Ougai follows me and sits by my side very close.

"In about 30 minutes, Im sure everyone is already there anyway but we need to stick to formalities. How was your trip? I apologise for my lack of contact but I know you were doing an amazing job out there. Im very proud of you!"

"Trip was nice, nostalgic to see the port again after long time. I arrived yesterday and certainly didn't have much time to view the city. I met some of our coworkers at the bar at night."

"Oh? Who did you run into?" Ougai asks me curiously, no evilness nor sick intentions when he asks about my life and wellbeing. Im the only soul that isn't marked as a pawn in his game.

"Dazai, Odasaku and Ango. Those 3 were together. I hope they didn't recognise me. I gave them an alias when we met.

"Interesting. Dont be bothered by them. You wont be around them anyway. We discussed it previously, you'll work solo."

"I know and Im glad I wont be pestered by having a team or a partner."

"Oh well, soon is the time. Let me enjoy this moment I present my daughter to them darling. Be a sweetie like before."

I smile in response and he gets up taking my hand with him and I get on my feet as well. We make our way to the hall where I hear many voices, mostly men waiting this to begin.

Mori gets in front of the crowd and immediately it's silenced. I wait for my cue to walk out. I listen to his words, his psychotic voice he uses to entertain the mafia members. He says my name and I get out of the shadow to face the mafia I fought to protect without them knowing.

I look at their faces, my expression serious so no judgement says im weak. Among the faces I notice few special members that caught my eye. Sadly I can't watch them anymore as I need to focus on my speech.

"Im Yuki, daughter of our boss and I've worked for years internationally to secure the goods but also protect the Port Mafia from outsiders. Im one of the executives you didn't know and now Im joining your lines to do similar work but on my homeland. Grant me a pleasant welcome everyone"

I bow at my last words and the audience cheers. Among the eyes I face, I notice ones from yesterday. Dazai Osamu, one of the executives. He has a smirk, same one as yesterday. I don't change my expression but we continue to stare at each other as Mori continues.

In few more minutes it was wrapped up, I excuse myself to dad and begin to exit the base.

"Cat"

A voice says from behind me in an empty hall. I don't turn around.

"Dazai"

"Don't ever call me like that"

"Shouldnt that be my line?" I answer innocently.

Dazai laughs and walks closer to me and I stand still, bored. He places his head at the crook of my neck and begins whispering.

"Fine, but I really liked Ali. Yuki isnt so bad."

"Glad you like it, Dazai. We won't be seeing each other from now on anyway. This is just formalities so I dearly hope you wont ever say my name again"

"Why? You dont like it when I call you by your first name?"

His breath sent chills down my spine, he knows body all too well. We both do.

"Dazai, you should be productive. This party already took your time"

He clicks tongue and moves away from me, now I turn around to face him.

"Your ability? What is it?" He asks.

"I have only 1" I answer.

"I bet you do, tell me the ability"

I notice he didnt understand yet and Im really trying to hold my laughter in.

"Whats funny?"

"Nothing, just you.."

I couldnt hold it in and as I left out the first laughing tone Dazai had me kicked to the nearby wall and pinned me.

"You-"

I cut him off by laughing more in his face.

"This wont do"

"What did you think?" I ask.

"You are something else miss and that might just be the perfect way to entertain me"

"No, I refuse to know you further"

"Why? Im so nice-"

"Nope, now can you back off? The air becomes dirty if you breathe out."

Dazai fake pouts but backs off. I take that as a sign he lets me go and so I concentrate on my previous intention to visit my apartment.