Moving

I got to my current apartment and I began packing all possessions in cardboard boxes. I need to move to a new place, much closer to Mori and center of the city. Clothes went first in boxes and all things that picked dust from all the years of staying here. Of course I had to clean them first before putting them away so the moving process began to look like a hassle.

Good thing is I didn't have much fragile decorations so I was able to put them away with no worries. I soon had few rooms completely drained of things that made them homey and it looks really sad now.

I never spent time here to feel like I've actually lived and the space will soon belong to some family or couple and do what I should've done instead, enjoy the space.

I didn't see new apartment yet but I hope it is bigger or at least somehow modern and not old. I have my driving license and I only will need to buy a car soon so Im borrowing Port Mafia's car for the moving. I take few lighter boxes and stack on top to carry them all together. I load them in the trunk and go back up to the apartment for more boxes. I didn't even notice a sitting figure on the kitchen counter I passed blindly by.

Once my brain registered it, I jumped and took out a gun from a holster beneath my hoodie that I always carry for protection. I aim at Dazai, don't care if he's friend or foe.

"Get out" I say coldly to his smirking face.

"Yuki Yukii you're no fun"

Dazai leans more on the counter, shifting his weight on hands behind him and doesn't budge.

"What are you here for? You don't bring any news to me so please leave my place"

"No can do, I simply wish to help you moving"

"I don't trust you so I decline your offer. I can do moving alone. Beside, you don't know how to drive"

"Ouch.. how well you know other members of the mafia?"

"Every file we have on each member" I reply, still not showing any emotion. He's the kind of guy to use everything against you if you give him material.

"Impressive, I wonder what else you can do?"

Dazai is fairly curious by my ability, no one knows yet beside Mori. It wouldnt hurt to tell him because he will eventually find out but it's entertaining to play dump and not let him win our arguments.

"Dazai Osamu, I request you leave"

"Try all you want but I won't move, you can try using force though!"

He's as clueless as files and his team members spoke. I sigh and finally crack. From now on until Im done moving stuff I'll ignore him.

I go back to my business, I take up a box in my hands and turn to carry outside but the item is lifted out of my hands by Dazai.

I give him a death stare but he innocently smiles.

"Where to?" He asks.

"Ughh"

I take another box I packed previously and walk past Dazai. If he follows me I can tackle him on the stairs and get the box out of his hands.

So far my plan works, Dazai is following me. Likely believing I finally let him help me around. I walk  down the stairs and listen closely how far behind me he is hearing his footsteps. Once we are in the middle I pounce after throwing the box in the air. If I make it I'll be quick enough to catch the box before it falls on the stairs and rolls down to the bottom.

I tried tackling Dazai by putting one my leg behind his knee and pushing him backwards so he falls on his back. At the same time I hold his forearms so he cant stop his fall. The box flies out of his arms.

The plan works, he's falling. Midway, I let go of his hands but just enough he still doesnt have time to catch himself.

I take the box he was holding and also stack mine on before they fall altogether. Without looking back I continue to descend the stairs peacefuly. As I almost placed my foot down on the stair below I find myself falling forward, it must have been Dazai... my only thoughts were about the stuff inside the boxes and how it would be a shame they fell and broke in any way or get disorganised. I activate my ability "I have only 1" and gain speed. Nothing stops me as I nonchalantly pick up the falling boxes and I take them to the car trunk. I stop the speed and look at confused Dazai who didn't seem to fall too hard.

"Yuki, what, how did you get here?"

"Shut up Osamu" I reply, kinda annoyed by his overreaction.

"Huh?"

"Ability"

"But I didn't see it nor prevent it"

"That was the point... I didn't want you to stop or see it"

"You like me so much that you want to play difficult to catch?"

I look at Dazai's eyes giving him a death stare and answer "yes". He doesnt take my expression seriously so I turn around and walk to the car door. I sit at the wheel and turn the car on. As Im about to drive away, passenger's door open and Dazai sits down.

"Port Mafia executive Dazai Osamu please leave me alone, do your job"

"I have no work today"

"Actually you do, you are supposed to catch the gang that does their job pretending it's us"

"Oo you are impressive as always Yuki"

"And give my name honorifics"

"No can do"

"Why, if I may know?"

"Yuki chan or san seems... like you are some ordinary person I know. But you are not that and to continue the mistery of you I prefer just Yuki"

"No, I refuse. Yuki is too friendly and I dont have friends"

"Is that part of your ability? I have only 1, just yourself? Damn must be lonely.."

"Aaaaah! Can you shut up and stop getting on my nerves, I'll shoot you I swear."

"Is that really all-"

*I cock a gun at his face in the car*

"-you can do? Alright I'll stop but I'll continue to help you with your moving"

I sigh in defeat, maybe dad arranged this but I'd like a notice before it happens or he simply likes to watch me get tortured a bit. Dazai and I are both of same age but then again... Chuuya also is similar as us yet why I don't see him getting sent over to me at all?

I decide it's for the best not to think at all and work on the present. With Dazai around the work is so much faster but his annoying personality drains my energy fast as well. It's late afternoon we finish and I lock the new apartment. As I finish locking I walk towards my car.

"Where are you going now?"

"To seek Chuuya"

"Chuuya?! Why that little pester?"

"Im getting rid of one pester to meet another, any problems?"

"Am I not satisfying to you?"

"Yes"

"Sheeesh, such a heartbreaker."

I drive off leaving Dazai at the curb. I glance at the mirror to check on him and he is smirking. I honestly can't wait to get busy tomorrow, my missions start and I work solo. No more Dazai.

-
A/N: Here you go guys, another update! I have few more chapters to publish but Im planning to post them weekly. Can you even wait that long? 🤔