𝐢𝐯. 𝗌𝖾𝖺 𝗈𝖿 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇

┊͙✧˖*°࿐ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

  𝐑𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧, despite the happiness of her marriage ten moons ago she felt as if she was drowning

  𝐑𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧, despite the happiness of her marriage ten moons ago she felt as if she was drowning. The absence of her family had began to take its toll on her the longer she had to go without them. She had grown to despise the sight of the color green, refusing the clothes the queen had wished she wear and wore the Targaryen colors of black and red.

Not only the pressure to wear certain clothes was presented but the pressure to bear a child had only grown from the green council noting to her that Aemond needed a son. It wasn't from the lack of trying, Rhaella had wanted nothing more than to be able to have a child of her own bundled in her arms. But she had been unfortunate in getting her wish. Though she had found comfort in sitting with Helaena who she found to become more of a sister to her over the years.

Helaena would tell her of her pregnancy while she held and watched the twins play on the floor. Rhaella would walk around the room with Jaehaera or Jaehaerys on her hip, humming an old song her mother would sing to her when she was a child. She adored the innocence of the children, having not yet seen the cruelness of the world they would surely come to find in the years to come.

Running her thumb across Jaehaeras cheek the child giggled before turning her head into the princess's shoulder causing Rhaella to smile brightly down at her. Helaena smiled softly as she sewed, enjoying the company of Rhaella, especially watching her with her children. She was a gentle soul, and the capital had yet to take that away from her.

"Light will fade to darkness in the storm." Helaena quickly mumbled, the needle jerking slightly as it went through the material before she continued as if she hadn't spoken a word. Rhaella furrowed her brows upon hearing her words. Helaena spoke such things all the time although she never paid any mind to them, she wondered if the princess's words ever held truth to them.

Resuming swaying back in forth as the child rested her head on her shoulder she jumped when a hand wrapped itself around her waist, startling her from the abruptness. The other hand had reached up and rubbed the child's head as lips pressed to her temple.

  "Husband." Rhaella tilted her head to see the man standing behind her with his permanent smirk. "Training is done for the day?"

Aemond hummed and glanced down at his niece that his wife was holding, the child's hand clutching onto the collar of her red dress, thumb in mouth. He wished for nothing more than it to be his babe that was laying on her chest. "I'm yours for the rest of the day, if you would so have me."

Rhaella slowly pulled away from her husband to place the small girl on the floor with her brother. She went to Helaena and placed a kiss on her cheek before accepting Aemonds arm that he was holding out for her.

He had enjoyed watching Rhaella with his siblings, even when they were children. Helaena adored her and needed her as a friend but Aegon had a special attachment to the princess that Aemond himself hadn't been quite fond of.

Walking through the castle, Aemond walked smoothly and straight-faced. Rhaella had realized quickly when she was younger that she would only see his love and affection when they were alone. She had been fine with that, she hadn't felt the need to ask for more than he was able to give.

Rubbing her hand across her lower stomach, Rhaella felt Aemond pull her gently in an opposite direction that deterred from their chambers.

"Aemond." He shushed her gently, pulling her again down one of the darker halls and releasing her arm so he could grab her hand. Rhaella followed along even when she was tugged into one of the secret passages hidden in the keep. "Where are you taking me?"

Aemond walked up a flight of stairs that he knew led to an opening where they would be able to see over the entirety of Kings Landing but Rhaella was growing antsy.

  "It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you." He whispered causing the Velaryon to roll her eyes. Pushing open the last door he stepped out with Rhaella right behind him.

Letting go of his wife's hand he walked over to the edge where he rested his arms against the brick railing watching his wife as she walked over to stand beside him. Her silver hair was flowing slightly in the wind, as wonder filled her eyes. Never having seen Kings Landing from this high up or at night before.

But while she was staring ahead he was looking at her.

  "I have something for you." Aemond told her, taking something out of his pocket. Rhaella turned her head to watch him, furrowing her brows when she saw the twinkle of diamonds in the light of the moon.

Reaching out to hold the centerpiece she gaped at the many small sapphires that formed a circle. "Valyrian steel." Aemond watched her softly, gesturing for her to turn around.

Moving her hair to one side, he placed a kiss on the nape of her neck as he brought the necklace up and clasped it at the back. He ran his hands down her shoulders and arms, turning her back around to face him.

Placing her hands on his forearms, Aemond cupped hers just the same. "I have something for you as well, ñuha jorrāelagon." (my love)

Aemonds head tilted slightly as her hands moved to take his own in hers. He could feel her hands shaking ever so slightly.

Rhaella tried to breathe through whatever doubt she was feeling as she brought his hands slowly to touch her stomach, the barely noticeable bump that was showing through her dress. She bit her bottom lip, trying to judge his reaction but his face showed little to no emotion as his hands were frozen in their places.

His eye slowly flickered up to hers, stepping closer to her body. There was barely any space between the now, one hand reaching up to cup the back of her neck to pull her forward so he could rest their foreheads together while his other stayed firmly on her stomach.

  "Are you certain?" They had spent such a long time trying to fulfill their duty that they hadn't realized that this was something that they wanted together. Even feeling his child growing inside of her, he didn't want to believe it until she confirmed it to him.

Rhaella nodded, placing her hand on top of his. "The maester said I'm nearing three moons."

Pulling her closer, he captured her lips with his, cupping both sides of her face in his hands. Placing a kiss on the side of her head when he pulled away.

He slowly went to his knees and pressed his forehead against her.

Rhaella felt a tear slip down her cheek, running her hands through his silver strands that weren't held up by the tie in his hair. Aemond in such a vulnerable state was a rare sight, one she didn't take for granted.

She heard him mumble against her in valyrian, the words so softly spoken that she wouldn't have caught them if he hadn't whispered them once more.

"Avy jorrāelan." (I love you.)