𝐱. 𝖻𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖻𝖾𝗇𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗌

┊͙✧˖*°࿐ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

  𝐑𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬, 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 getting the best of her the longer she was locked inside the room

𝐑𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐬, 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 getting the best of her the longer she was locked inside the room. There was no use in trying to get out, Aemond hadn't returned and she had hit on the door until her hands hurt so much she couldn't continue. She was hoping that her mother would have come looking for her when she wasn't at the gate when the sun rose. But to no avail, it was midday and she had yet to hear from anyone.

That was until she heard the lock to her door being turned once again, she stood up from the chair by the now burnt-out fire. She was expecting to see Aemond, but to her surprise the Queen came through instead, a solemn look covering her features.

Rhaella stood by the table, squeezing her hands together in front of her. The Queen motioned for the guards to close the doors, leaving them alone.

"Where is Aemond?" Alicents eyes moved over the young girl, how she held herself up, noting the bruising around her neck that Aemond had informed her about only a few hours prior.

"He is currently dealing with more pressing matters at the moment, Princess." She told her, the Queen in Rhaella's eyes looked like she was barely keeping it all together. She could see how her eyes were red from the tears she had shed.

Alicent brought her hand up to Rhaella's neck, the girl flinching slightly when she inspected the bruise that had barely began to form. She sighed, sitting in the chair in front of the girl. "The King is dead."

It took merely a second to process her words before tears immediately went to burn in Rhaella's eyes, only now finding out that her grandsire had passed, she held her stomach when she felt a burn run through her. Alicent noticed, having been a mother herself motioned for her daughter-by-law to take the seat across from her.

"Has my mother been informed, does my family sail for Kings Landing?" Rhaella questioned, feeling her heart beat pound faster in her chest at the way the Queen furrowed her brows and stood up abruptly at the question.

"That is why I am here. To inform you that Aegon is to be crowned King before the morrow."

Another sharp pain caused Rhaella to grit her teeth together, she shook her head standing up as well. "My mother is heir, to allow Aegon to take her place is treason in the highest form."

Alicent walked forward, her face void of any emotion as if she expected the reaction from her. "It was my husband's—your grandsire's dying wish, he spoke the words to me himself."

Rhaella pulled her arm from her grasp. "He had twenty years to name his son heir and never did. Do you expect me to believe that he in his last moments declared Aegon his heir and you were the only one present to hear his words?"