𝐯𝐢. 𝖺 𝗌𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗅𝖾𝖽 𝗌𝗎𝖼𝖼𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇

┊͙✧˖*°࿐ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

  𝐑𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 as she watched the Hand climb the steps up to the throne

  𝐑𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 as she watched the Hand climb the steps up to the throne. The very throne the Hightowers had stolen right from under their noses. They wasted no time once Viserys was bedridden to try and destroy everything Viserys held dear.

The Princess smiled softly at her mother whose eyes she had caught. Rhaenyra loved her daughter but she loathed the sight of her surrounded by the greens. Rhaella stood out standing next to Aemond in a black dress with red and gold embroidery.

  "Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds," Otto started, Rhaellas eyes shifting to the ground while she interlaced her hands together and rested them on her bump. "we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark. As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters."

Taking his seat while folding his cloak over his knee he continued. "The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon."

All eyes shifted to the product that had summoned this petition. The man wore a proud look on his face while stepping forward, his eyes glancing in Lucerys direction.

  "My Queen." Ser Vaemond acknowledged. "My Lord Hand. The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind. Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name."

Rhaella felt Aemonds hand resting on her back the man feeling how tense she was. He didn't try to gain her attention, instead, he rubbed his thumb against the material of her dress in a soothing motion.

  "I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys's closest kin and his own blood. The true, and unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins."

Rhaenyra spoke up, Rhaella looking over at her mother. "As it does in my sons and my daughter, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon. If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and your own ambition."

Lucerys met his sister's eyes who nodded at him with a smile that calmed his nerves the slightest.

Alicent spoke up, her hands crossing in front of her as she stared with a pointed look in Rhaenyra's direction. "You will have chance to make your own petition Princess Rhaenyra. Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard."

Rhaella watched as her mother's jaw set and she looked forward as Vaemond turned his attention to her.

"What do you know of Velaryon blood, Princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you and you still wouldn't recognize it. This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours."