𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

☽༓☾

☽༓☾

    Student lounge was currently an overpopulated location at Riverdale High, many of the students sharing a free period. Gossiping was a prominent exchange during this time or some would actually get on with their homework, panicked scribbling surrounding the room as they prepared their homework for their next lesson. Those who were actually prepared allowed themselves to relax and discuss the latest news.

    One of those who were prepared was Luna, sat with Betty and Kevin, doing their work that they'd just received. She'd discussed a long time ago that doing homework the day she got it made her life less stressful. Plus, she was able to get better grades because if she did have any worries and concerns with the work she could discuss it, learning where to improve from her teachers.

       "Sheriff Keller is grilling me." Reggie's irritating voice droned on, turning many student's heads to his declaration. "Mantle the Magnificent." Luna rolled her eyes at his self proclaimed title, God he was so full of himself, it was suffocating being trapped in a room with him and his overly inflated ego. "Because I'd want Blossom dead. When he was the only good quarterback we had. Speaking of offensive tight ends, I should've sent the cops to you, Moose, because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river? Or does being the Sheriff's son give you a free pass, Keller?"

       All their eyes shifted to where Luna, Betty and Kevin sat, rudely interrupting their studying session. Betty glared at the boy, not liking how he was attempting to rile up her best friend.

      "Reggie's just being a blowhard, Kev." Betty mumbled, loud enough for said boy to hear it.

      "I don't care what he says." Kevin confirmed and Luna clicked her tongue, turning her eyes back to the book in front of her.

      "I mean, let's think about it," Reggie continued and she groaned, could they not shift the conversation to something much more interesting than their possible suspects to the murder of Jason Blossom, "if a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not going to be a jock, right? No, let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny pathetic internet troll too busy writing manifestos to get laid? Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak."

       "Watch your tongue Mantle." Luna snapped, eyes narrowing to slits as she interrupted the boy. It was obvious who his words were directed at, said boy rolling his eyes from where he stood beside the vending machine. Always at the blunt of such jokes that nobody laughed at.

        "I didn't say anything, Jones, but hey, it does sound a lot like Jughead," The boy smirked as he shifted from one Jones sibling to the other, both wearing mirroring unamused expressions, "what was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like, after?"

      Before Luna could respond, Kevin tapped her shoulder and shook his head, knowing it would do more harm then good. Instead, she had to watch as her brother raised his eyes from the floor, meeting those cruel black ones that stared right back at him. For years Reggie had targeted Jughead for his jokes but he didn't dare say it when Luna was around, except now. There was no denying he had a small crush on the blonde but she made it obvious she wasn't interested, so he took to making fun of her brother, as if that would get her to change her mind.