𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿

☽༓☾

☽༓☾

     As much as Luna hated to admit it, she wished something interesting would happen in her life. So far, the only interesting part of her week was watching Chuck Clayton be expelled for his involvement in slut shaming, something that had been going on for years. It would've been much more interesting to her if she was there to witness it but she only heard it from gossip that spread through the school, passing through each student like wildfire.

     The days seemed to blend into each other, she'd wake up, curse whoever had made her be the daughter of FP Jones, a deadbeat who preferred alcohol to the company of his children, then she'd get ready for school, attend class and go home. Some days she'd attend a shift at the drive in but other than that, there was barely anything going on with her life. It made her miss her old friendship group, now more than ever, especially with the drive in closing soon.

     There went her job and only entertainment for the week.

     Huffing, she knocked on the door where she knew Jughead would be, they were having a closing show and while she worked out front, giving out popcorn, he controlled the digital aspects, ensuring the movie played and everything ran smoothly. When he didn't respond immediately, she shoved open the door and called out his name with irritation lacing her words.

     However, all words died on her tongue as she took in the sight before her. Clothes were strung around and a messy bed was situated in the corner. This was where he'd been staying, he wasn't okay, he'd lied to her. Jughead noticed his sister's expression and bit his lip as she frowned, scanning her eyes at the place.

     "Come home, Jug, please." Luna barely could stop the words from spilling out of her mouth, taking both of them by surprise.

     "You know I can't, Looney." Jughead told her, his voice softer as she closed the door and stepped further into the room. "I'll find somewhere else."

    "You can't keep doing this, there's a roof for you to live under, however unpleasant, it's there." Luna whispered, she hated how she'd been oblivious to the reality of her brother's living conditions, if only she'd been more perceptive.

    "Come here." Jughead told her and she fell into his arms, holding him tightly as if she was afraid he would vanish if she let go. "I'm fine, don't worry about me." He pressed a kiss to the top of her head as she thought over his words.

     "You're not—." Luna pulled away from the hug and her words were cut off as he placed a hand over her mouth.

    "Shush." Jughead rolled his eyes at the girl and gently nudged her to sit down. "We can talk about it later, why don't you watch the movie here?"

    "Fine," Luna huffed, glaring at the victorious expression that flashed over his face at the word, "but this isn't over, Forsythe."

     "Of course." Jughead snickered, sitting down beside her as the movie began.

    "So..." Luna broke the silence as the opening credits began, "...you and Betty, huh?"

     "Shut up and watch the movie." Jughead rolled his eyes as her laughter echoed around the small room, he'd missed her joy and laughter.

     As they watched the movie, they both knew they'd find a way to stop the conversation being arisen, they were practically brought up and trained to become the master of deflection, this was second nature for them.

☽༓☾

    When Luna arrived home, after being forcefully shoved into the trailer by Jughead, when he walked her home, she frowned at the empty sight. Her father wasn't there, as he usually was, laid across the sofa, watching the tv. Dropping her bag onto the kitchen counter, she walked into the living room, frowning as she noticed a photo of her, JB and Jughead, the trio smiling widely as they stood outside Pop's.

       What had gone wrong?

      Why couldn't they just figure things out and be a normal family, together? That's all Luna wanted, a normal family that she read about or saw in those tv shows. A family that she could come home to and discuss her day, not worrying that one day one of them would leave. A family that wouldn't have to involve going days on end without speaking to one another.

        The door opened and she whirled around, noticing her father walking inside, dropping his keys onto the counter. Silence surrounded the two as they looked from one another. FP didn't know what to say to his daughter, he felt guilty for putting her in such a position but whenever he wanted to get his life back together he found himself falling deeper into that hole he'd dug for himself.

       "Did you know Jug was at the drive in?" Luna broke the silence, attempting to hide the hurt in her words.

       "Yeah." FP revealed and she scoffed, pushing past him to head towards her room, unable to deal with him right now. "Lu, don't be like that."

       "Why can't you just be a father? That's your job." Luna exclaimed, turning on her heel to look at her father. "It's not hard to get your act together, stop spending all your time drinking and maybe get a job? Maybe then they'd come back home."

       "I'm trying." FP's voice was wavering between anger and hurt at his daughter's words, he knew they were the truth.

      "Not hard enough." Luna snapped back, uncaring if her words hurt him or not. "I'm sick of picking up after you, deal with your own shit." A scoff passed by her lips as she shook her head. "You're the reason mum and JB went away and you did the exact same to Jughead. Keep it up and I'll be next, then you'll be truly alone."

       Not allowing him the satisfaction of listening to his defence, she pulled open her bedroom door and slammed it shut. When she closed the door, she pressed her back to it, her hand raising to her mouth as she felt the tears prick at her eyes. Muffling the sound of her tears, she kept her mouth hidden by her palm, her body sliding down the wood as she dropped onto the carpet beneath her feet.

      All she wanted was a normal family.

☽༓☾

Words~1081.

{edited:no}