-34-

Gabby sits alongside Bodhi, Christen and Tobin as the family members of the graduates await the arrival of the soon to be grads. 

As they begin to arrive and take their seats, Gabby's face lights up as she sees Wren, her smile and eyes shining through the crowd as she follows and takes her seat. Sitting there as one of the school's administrators talks and talks, Gabby feels her phone buzz and she looks down at the screen. 

New Message

Wren: I'm planning on telling the Moms, that I'm partying with some of the girls tonight, but, you're the only one I want to celebrate with. I know my place is off limits with the rents floating around, so, I grabbed a room for us. I can't wait to help you out of that dress, provided these speeches and heat don't do me in first. XO

Gabby chuckles before typing.

Gabby: I'd ask you to tell me more, but, I'm already feeling a whole lot of hot and bothered and these seats aren't helping. 

Wren: Imagine how I feel; I'm not wearing any underwear.

Gabby: WHAT? Lol! Are you serious? Think anyone would notice if we booked it the hell out of here?

Wren: Unfortunately, yes. The pair I was wearing kept riding up and I tossed them, seriously regretting that at this particular moment. We got this, Babe. Not much longer and we'll finally be able to do to each other what we've been talking about on the phone for months and dreaming about for much longer. Love you, Gabs. 

Gabby: Love you. Pay attention and I'll see you and your naked ass soon.

As Wren approaches them after the ceremony, her face lights up the closer she gets to Gabby before they hug and share a quick kiss. "I'm so proud of you." 

"We're so proud of you." Christen steps forward and Wren rolls her eyes at Gabby before they burst out laughing. "Great timing as always, Mom." 

Wren hugs her Moms and brother before they all pose for a bunch of photos as a family and she is pulled away for some pictures with friends and teammates. 

"You know, I've only ever wanted the best for her, right?" 

Gabby nods in response to Christen's comment, "I do and I also know that I'm not who you pictured Wren ending up with; you pictured her ending up with a Cinderella, not an ugly duckling like me." 

Christen chuckles, "You do know what happens at the end of that story, right?" 

"The ugly duckling becomes a beautiful swan." 

Christen smiles and nods. "Gabby, I'm the first to admit that I wasn't initially thrilled with the idea of you and Wren being together, mostly because at the time I was concerned about the age difference and the implications that may have on Wren and her future. I should have allowed myself to see past the age and get to know the individual, because, if I had, then, I would have seen and known what Wren did all along. I always thought that she was happy, but, that definitely wasn't the case because I was forcing her to live the life I had pictured for her and not the one she deserved and for that I'll never forgive myself. Since, she broke up with Danica I've seen a completely different version of my daughter emerge; she's smiling and laughing and I can see it in her eyes and mannerisms exactly how much she cares about you and how much you reciprocate her feelings. She's happy and excited and can't wait to build a future with you. I'm sorry for overstepping and interfering with your relationship and I want you to know, that, while, you still see yourself as the ugly duckling, from where I'm standing I see that you have already turned into the beautiful swan and when the time is right, I'm looking forward to welcoming you to our family."