Chapter 2

Aiden's POV

" Sir, she is out of her territory. Do you want us to attack now?" Scotty, my Beta, says.

" No. I told you already, we will not attack until tomorrow." I said frustrated.

" Yes, Alpha." He says quickly and rushes out of my office.

I give them one simple instruction and they seem to not follow it. Figures.

They are as dumb as a donkey, I thought

I walk over to my desk as pull out a photo. I stare at it for quite some time, the one thing that will help me fulfill my dads last wishes. To kill all the packs Alphas and rule their packs as my own. To do this I need to take out means the most to Alpha Hampton, his daughter.

" Better watch out, Lexi. I'm coming for you." I said silently

I threw the picture in the fire and watch it burn.

Lexi's POV

" No, I do not accept." I said confidently.

A few gasp escape a couple of people. My dads face turns to rage and Jake's mouth flies open. Everyone is in complete shock, but my brother, Jason. He knew this is what I wanted to do. He knew someday I would go against my dads rule, but also the counsel's.

I turn around and run. The guard doesn't bother stopping me, they just let me go. I run deep into the forest and change into my wolf not giving a second thought about my clothes.

Voices flood through my mind. Most are confused and others are shocked. I closes my mind and block them out.  The only voice I have now is my own.

I wander in the woods for awhile. By my guess, I've been running for two hours. I was completely tired due to the fact of running five hours before the meeting and not having a proper rest before then.

I kept running till I reached the spot I was looking for. My mothers grave.

My mother died the day I turned but it wasn't an accident. It was on purpose.

* Continued flashback*

I woke up after blacking out, but I didn't feel like me. I go to stand up an I immediately fell down. I look down at myself and I see four paws and fur covering my body.

I scream but it comes out a growl.

" Lexi? Baby, look at me."

I look at where the voice was coming from. It was my mom.

" Baby, calm down. Okay?" She says quietly and I nod. " I want you to imagine you a human again. With two feet and hands. All that stuff, Okay?" I nod and do as she says.

I close my eyes and imagine I'm human. Pain flows through my body and my bones crack. I feel myself changing and when I open my eyes, I'm butt naked

" Mom, what am I?" I said after I found my voice.

" Honey, I don't have much time so listen carefully. Your a werewolf, but not just any werewolf. Your more special than you think. I want you to do some things for me. Don't let people push you around. Make your own rules. Most importantly, love with all your heart and wait for your mate." She say quickly.

" Lexi, its my time baby. I want you to know I love you and your brothers with all my heart. Help your dad, baby. I love you." A tear escapes her eye as she talks to me.

Before I could respond, she puts her hand's on.my shoulders and she starts to glow. I tried to shield my eyes from alms the brightness, but I cant move.