Chapter 7

I was wrong in just general. I was going to die and all these fools could do is just stare at my leg and not do anything to stop the bleeding. I tried to sit up, but Aiden still had his hands on me and wouldn't let me budge.

"Impossible..." Aiden whispered. I give him a puzzled look and he swallows while removing his arms.

My thigh wasn't bleeding. You couldn't see my bone any more. It was almost as if it was healed, but even that was not possible. I couldn't have possibly healed that quickly because even the strongest wolves in the world couldn't heal from a wound like that. It should have taken me at last four or five hours for it to completely heal not seconds. I let out a breath I was holding and look back at Aiden.

"How?" I said to him. He doesn't answer so I speak louder, "How Aiden?"

"Everyone leave, I need sometime alone with my mate. Doctor, don't speak of this to anyone till we can figure out what happened," the doctor mumbles a 'yes sir' and leaves the room. Once everyone is gone and it's just me and my mate, he looks at me and sighs.

"What?" I said to him completely still surprised about my thigh. He acts like nothing happens and everything is completely normal like he has seen this before.

"Do you know you are so beautiful, Lexi. So beautiful."

"Cut to the chase, Aiden. What happened to me? Don't say you don't know or try lying to me because I know you know what happened." I sad in the most serious voice I could say. He gives me a hard look and walks to his desk. I get up from the couch and stand in front of his desk.

"I don't know how to explain this Lexi. The only reason I know what you are s because well my mother was just like you." He says the last part so soft I could barely make out what he was saying. I knew his mother was dead, or was believe to be dead. Her body was never found, but after years of searching they declared her dead. Rumor was she was different from any other werewolf. No one knew what, that's why it was believe to be a rumor.

"What are you talking about?" I sit down in the chair in front of his desk and look at him. He looked broken, sad, and almost angry. I wanted to comfort him, I needed to comfort him. Every bone in my body wanted to, but something was holding me back.

"I don't know much, Lexi. All I know is that my mother was an Angelwere," I looked at him confused, "It's a werewolf with angel powers, looks, and name. They have the same powers as a werewolf, but more enhanced and with some other powers. She was the only known Angelwere, but now I believe she wasn't." He opens his desk and pulls out a picture, "This is my mother."

I took the picture and couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was the girl from my vision or dream earlier. She's the one that helped me out of the dream like places and she was the one from when I fainted. My breathing becomes staggered and I give the picture back to Aiden. He looks at me like I was going crazy. I give him a small smile.

"She is beautiful. I can see where your get your eyes from," I wasn't lying she was beautiful, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I knew her, "Do you know anything else about her? Anything that could help me and explain why all these things are happening to me?"

He shakes his head, "I was young when she died and didn't know much about her. All I knew was what my father told me, but even then he didn't tell me much. The only reason I knew she was an Angelwere was because I found it in her chest that she kept all her secret then. I did some research and from that research I have reason to believe you could possibly be one. I don't know anything else though. I'm sorry, Lexi," he walks away from his desk and kneels down in front of me, "But I promise you that you are not alone and I will do everything in my power to find out about Angelwere's and if you could possibly be one."

I nod my head and when I do that a slight pain happens. I bring my hand up to my neck and hold it on my mark. Aiden gives me a sad look and removes my hand.

"I'm sorry, Lexi. I know you wanted me to wait, but I was selfish and didn't want you to die. When you passed out you screamed, burned up, and your heart was failing within seconds. For a moment I truly thought I lost you, it was until a nurse came up to me and suggested that I mark you. By doing that you could draw from my strength and heal. I didn't want to at first. I was against it, but I couldn't see you die. I just got you and I couldn't lose you. I'm sorry Lexi and I will do anything to make it up to you." He looks at me with sorrow eyes and I knew he was telling the truth. I put my arms around his neck, making him fall to the ground with me on top of him. He doesn't respond quickly but I soon feel his arms wrap around me. In this moment I felt content that nothing else mattered and we could face anything together.

"I know you did what you had to do. I'm glad you did it because I couldn't live with myself if I left you on this earth alone. I forgive you, Aiden," I say this to him in his ear. His arms around me get tighter and he kisses my neck.

"Thank you, baby. Thank you so much for being here. I thought that once you woke up you would leave me." I unwrap my arms from him and get up. He follows soon after.

We stand there being comforted with silence and each other's presence. Everything was happening so fast I didn't know what to think. In the last 24 hours I found my mate, he marked me, and I could possibly be an Angelwere like his mother. It was a lot to take in and I didn't know how much more I could take in. Then there was also the fact that my mate is an Alpha. He is an Alpha...

"Aiden! What are we going to do..." The door to my mate's office flies open and a guard walks in.

"Sir, Alpha Hampton is here and he refuses to leave until he has his daughter. He also not alone, sir."

Well so much for talking to my mate before something else happens.

Well readers, I'm back but I don't know how much I will be updating but I know I will be updating a lot more that I have been. I'm sorry for the super long wait and that this chapter's super short, but I figured I would update a short chapter first then make them longer as time goes on. Please give me feedback on what you think. This chapter didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it too and I will more than likely change it in the future. Thank you to everyone who still reads this book. It means a lot to me.

~Sydnee

����a.�ń�