Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Lexi’s POV

“You marked me?!?!?!?” 

“Lexi there is a logical explanation for why this…”

“Why?” I whispered. I was heartbroken, actually no I was broken. I thought when I was going to get marked, it would have been special. Not just something he did while I was sleeping. 

I close the bathroom door in his face and lock it. I slide down to the floor and hug my knees. Tears slide down my face. Aiden pounds on the door, demanding me to open it, but I don’t give in. This wasn’t how I wanted to start my relationship with my mate or anything with him for that matter. I wanted to take things slows, and go on a date, have my first kiss, or anything before I would let him mark me. I knew the reason he would of given me would be stupid and not worth my time. Deep down in my heart though, I know he wouldn’t lie to me. 

I sit in the bathroom for hours. Aiden stopped pounding on my door only thirty minutes ago. I knew he was still in the room due to the mate bond, but at least he was giving me peace to think about everything that has happened. 

I thought about the dreams that have been happening and what they all could have meant. It was crazy to think that the werewolf world lies in my hands. I am only a teenager and could barely handle my own life. With all these rules given to everyone in the werewolf world, especially me due to the fact I’m an Alpha’s daughter. 

Then it hit me. 

I am mated to someone. Not just anyone. The most powerful Alpha in the world. We not only broke the rules, but the penalty could be death. And I for one, was not ready to die. Thoughts pass through my mind, quicker than ever before. I was scared, not only for myself, but also Aiden.

Strong emotions pass through me, so strong that I fell to the floor. I knew it wasn’t me that was feeling these things, it was someone else. They were hurt, seriously hurt. I could feel the pain in my thigh. Then I felt more. Sadness, love, despair, and a broken heart. I know that those emotions were Aiden’s. 

Due to him marking me, I felt his emotions and he also felt mine. We could also tell if one of use is in danger because of the quick emotion of scaredness that passes through us. Also, when one of use is seriously hurt, the other mate gets the same pain in the same spot. This is what I was feeling from Aiden. 

I pull myself off of the floor and stumble to open the door. With every passing second, the pain increases in my thigh, but I don’t stop I keep moving. I use my wolf sense to track my mate. It was faint at first, but as I walked out of his room, assuming it was his because his scent was all over the place, I get led into a long hallway. I lean against the wall to help support my weight; sweat starts to form on my forehead. The pain in my thigh increases and spreads throughout of my whole leg, but I don’t stop. His scent gets stronger as I get closer to the room close to the staircase. 

Just before I was about to open the door, someone else swings it open. I stumble back a bit and someone’s arm wraps around my waist to catch me. Sparks fly between me and the persons arm and I know that this isn’t just some random person, it was my mate.

“Lexi? Are you okay?” he looks at me worried, another emotion that passes through me. I bit my lip and close my eyes. The emotions from him were strong and the pain in my thigh was strong now and I didn’t know how much longer I could stay awake.

“Lexi? Answer me Lexi?” he says.

“My…my…thigh…” I stumble upon my words to just get them out. 

“Shit! Lexi just stay awake for me will you?” He picks me up bridal style and carries me into the room he just came out of. He lays me down on a couch that was pushed against the wall " Baby, just stay awake for me. I'm so sorry...I didn't mean for all of this to happen. It's all my fault, baby," Tears start to threaten in his eyes.

" Hey, it's...okay. I...pr...promise." My thigh didn't hurt as much as it did before. I didn't know if it was because it was actually healing or the presence of my mate made me feel better. I try to sit up but he stops me and pushes me back down. I look at him with a 'What the heck' kinda look. \

"Baby, please just stay down till the doctor looks at it," He looks down at my thigh with a worried expression.

" It can't be that bad," I say being able to find my voice. I push his hands away and sit up. My understandings of 'it not being bad' was a total understatement.

I had shorts on so I could fully see my thigh. My thigh was covered in blood. From my point of view i could see my bone almost. I could be totally wrong about that due to me not being a doctor, but i do know what a bone looks like. I lay back down and take deep breaths. In and out. In and out. 

"Baby... Stay with me baby. Don't you dare fall asleep. DOCTOR!!!!" I hear the door open and close. People are once again shouting and running around like chickens with their heads cut off. But i do understand, if you were messing with an Alphas mate you would want everything to turn out perfect and successful. 

" Alpha...You might want to look at this." 

I guess I was wrong about successful.