Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Lexi’s POV

            The pain was unbearable, it hurt so much that I just wanted to die and never wake up. I scream when the pain gets to my head and starts to slowly take over the rest of my body. My heart begins to race faster than normal and it feels like it is about to pop right out of my chest. My breathing gets staggered and the pain increases. I feel someone shaking my shoulders, so I open my eyes and see my worried mate.

His face was covered in worrisome and a little fear. All the traces of lust was gone in this moment and was replaced with green eyes. He was scary, so scary it made you want to run and hide in a closet. I knew I was the cause of his scariness, but at least I knew he cared for me. I think.

The pain takes over my body and paralyzes me from head to toe. It was so bad, that I couldn’t keep my eyes open. I could barely hear the people around me yelling and the growling that was coming from my mate. People were touching my arm and my legs, which made the pain intensify even more than it already has. Then all of a sudden the pain was gone and I felt like I was on a cloud.

I open my eyes and I’m in the most beautiful places in the world. Trees surrounded a clearing that was covered in wildflowers. There was sounds of mosquitoes and birds. Not far from me was a small pond that was still with no life in it.

“Lexi…” A small voice says from behind me. I turn round and right before was the girl the dream I had. She was dressed the same but something about her made me think she wasn’t here for pleasure, but for business.

“You don’t have much time, Lexi, so I need you to listen carefully. There is light and dark in your world now since your mother gave you her powers on your sixteenth birthday. Now, since you have them they are growing inside of you and they need to be freed, that’s why you are experiencing pain. This won’t be the only time this will happen, so be prepared. The werewolf world lies in your hands now, Lexi.”

“What do you mean, it lies in my hands now? I don’t understand.”

“Only time will tell, darling. Don’t trust anyone but your mate. You may think your friends and family are on your side, but they are out to get you now. It’s not safe anymore, everything that includes you, includes great danger. I wish I could tell you more, but it’s against my power to tell you everything you need to know.”

“What? Just tell me, I don’t understand. You can’t just leave me here hanging.”

“Be careful, Lexi. I’ll see you soon.”

The scene before starts to fade away slowly and the pain I had before returns, but in a muted way almost. It was bearable and I could finally open my eyes. My mate was right above me with a worried expression, but looked relieved also. I smiled up at him and the world around me soon fades away.

Aiden’s POV

            I’m freaking out. Well, more than that. I’m scared shitless. I have no idea what is happening to Lexi at the moment because all the doctor will tell me is that she is not responding and they are trying everything they can. She screaming like crazy and we can’t seem to hold her down. The doctor tried to sedate her, but she just burns it off in a matter of minutes.