go away

I waited for Sana all day and she didn't show- Did I scare her away?

That doesn't matter anyways- she's just some bitchy customer- what I should be focusing on right now is getting rid of Nayeon.

Don't get me wrong- she's nice I guess but her weird habits annoy the shit out of me...

First of all she barely talks, however when she does she uses the most repulsive disgusting baby voice whenever she wants something. It was new and slightly concerning at the beginning but after listening to her do it every time she wants a refill it's horrifying. Why does she use it anyways- miss girl is a 27 year old who works in insurance... like get a fucking grip.

For example, the other day I decided to prepare her black coffee before hand so that I can spend less time with her and instead of thanking me for the gesture, in a baby voice she says "You made this for Nayeonie?" While pressing her index fingers together. I almost "accidentally" threw the boiling hot coffee at her face. I guess it's whatever...

***

ring-ding-dong (like the SHINee song)

The door chimes as someone enters the coffee shop as I close up. Expecting it to be Nayeon, impulsively I place a cup of black coffee on the counter. "Your usual coffee, aren't you earlier than usual?" I say as I look up and realize that the person was not Nayeon. "Oh, it's you." For some reason the infamous "SM" aka Sana is here.

"I thought you said I was a forgettable face?- You have my order prepared?" Sana slightly chuckles as she walks towards my counter.

"I expected you to be someone else," I take the coffee back from the counter and throw it out. "Is there something you want from me?" I know Jihyo told me to be nice, but I really don't want to...

Her eyes trail the coffee before she shyly looks down and mumbles under her breath, "Can I have a latte?"

"Sorry, what?" I ask not being able to hear what she said.

"A latte, can I have a latte?" she repeats, her cheeks turning a shade of pink.

"This is a coffee shop, so sure," I coldly reply before ringing her up and grabbing a cup to prepare her coffee. As I make her latte, she just watches me.

"Here," I hand her her latte, and she accepts it. She then goes to sit at a table, which is pretty rare for her. She never drinks her coffee at the shop, she always takes it to go, occasionally dropping it when she trips on a curb. Weird, I think to myself before I start cleaning the shop since it's almost closing time. Occasionally a glance at Sana, as she drinks her latte she watches me. It's kinda making me uncomfortable but I put it off.

I spend the next next fifteen minutes cleaning and Sana's watching still persists, I can't take it anymore. "Can I help you? You keep looking at me."

"It's nothing," Sana looks away and changes her focus to her cup of coffee, "It's just that-." Sana gets cut off by the door opening.

"Hey, Y/n," Nayeon walks in through the front door.

I feel a sense of relief as Nayeon walks in, breaking the awkward silence that had settled in the coffee shop. I quickly move to the front counter, putting on a smile to greet her.

"Hey Nayeon, how are you doing today?" I ask, hoping to divert my attention from Sana.

"I'm good, thanks," Nayeon replies, glancing over at Sana who's still sitting at a table. "Is everything alright? Did I interrupt something?"

"No, it's nothing, she's just a customer," I say quickly, trying to downplay the tension in the room. "Just closing up for the day."

Nayeon nods and makes her way to the counter to order her usual drink. As I prepare her drink, I can't help but notice Sana still sitting at the table, her eyes darting between Nayeon and me.

After handing Nayeon her drink, I turn my attention back to Sana. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Sana looks up at me, her eyes hesitant. "Actually, there is something I wanted to talk to you about." Sana kinda looks like she's about to pop a vain. Is she ok?

"Uh- sure what is it?" I ask with full sincerity.

"I just wanted to say," Sana squeaks before looking down, and then back at me again. "I just wanted to say," she nervously repeats.

"Girl- I don't have time for this," I impatiently say, "just say it."

Sana's face turns beet red. She closes her eyes and balls her fists making her knuckles go slightly pale. "I JUST WANTED TO SAY HOW DARE YOU!" she yells with her eyes closed.

"How dare I what?" I ask, "How dare I make you the best latte ever?"

"NO!" She yells her eyes still closed and her fist still clenched, "YOUR THE FIRST PERSON TO EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT- HOW DARE YOU." And with that, Sana runs out of the coffee shop.