free food

As Sana storms out of the coffee shop, I let out a sigh of relief and turn back to Nayeon. "Sorry about that, she's been acting strange all day," I say, trying to brush off the awkward encounter.

Nayeon just laughs it off. "Don't worry about it, it happens. So, Y/n, I was actually wondering if you're free this weekend?" Nayeon asks, a mischievous grin on her face.

I raise an eyebrow. "Oh, really? What for?" I ask, curious.

Nayeon leans in closer to me. "I was thinking we could go on a little date. My treat," she says, winking at me.

I can't help but feel a little skeptical. I mean, who asks someone out on a date just like that? But then again, free food is free food, and I'm always up for trying new things.

"Sure, why not?" I say nonchalantly, trying not to show my excitement.

"Great! I'll pick you up at 7 on Saturday," Nayeon says, before flashing me another grin and walking out of the coffee shop.

Come Saturday evening, I'm sitting on my couch, dressed in a casual outfit, waiting for Nayeon to arrive. I'm not expecting much from this date, just some free food and maybe some good conversation.

When Nayeon shows up at my door, she's dressed to the nines and carrying a bouquet of flowers. "Wow, you look beautiful," I say, genuinely surprised.

Nayeon just laughs. "You look great too, Y/n. Are you ready to go?"

We end up at a fancy Italian restaurant, and I can't help but feel a little out of place in my casual attire. But Nayeon seems completely at ease, chatting away and making me feel comfortable.

As we eat our meal, Nayeon asks me all sorts of questions about myself, and I find myself opening up to her more than I ever have before. Before I know it, the night has flown by and we're already on our way back to my apartment.

"So, did you have a good time?" Nayeon asks, as we pull up in front of my building.

I nod. "Yeah, it was nice. Thanks for taking me out," I say, feeling a little bashful.

Nayeon just smiles. "Anytime. Hey, Y/n, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?"

Nayeon takes a deep breath. "I know this might be a little forward, but I really like you, Y/n. I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me again sometime?"

I feel a little taken aback. I mean, I was just in it for the free food, but Nayeon seems genuinely interested in me. "Um, I don't know, Nayeon. I'm not really looking for anything serious right now," I say, trying to let her down easy.

Nayeon looks a little disappointed, but she smiles nonetheless. "That's okay, Y/n. I understand. Thanks for coming out with me tonight. I had a great time," she says, before leaning in and giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

As I walk towards my apartment, I can't help but feel a little guilty. Maybe I should have been more honest with her. But then again, I got a free meal out of it, and that's all that really matters to me right now.

I'm lost in though as I happily walk towards my apartment. So lost in thought that I don't realize someone calling out my name.

"Y/n," A male voice calls out to me.

I turn around and see nothing before something hits me in the back of the head.