Versus the Thirty - Part 3

(Ryans POV)

"I don't want you getting in trouble because of us." I said to Brandi once were outside.

"You said you'd come back, and I believe you, go." She told us.

"No, we aren't leaving Dakota here, and my parents have to be safe before we leave." I said to Leo.

"Do you know where they put them?" Leo asked her.

"That building over there." She says pointing around the corner of the barn to a windowless building with a guard out front. "I don't know what it is, I've never been let in."

"Okay, you two stay here, I'll go help them escape and we'll get out of here." Leo says standing up,

"Wait Leo...." I began wanting to help him.

"Ryan, you're exhausted, you're only going to slow me down. And this is where you learn Leo Mendel isn't just some crazy scientist and former male model."

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm also a lunatic man of action." He said proudly before walking off. I just looked back over at Brandi who just shrugged, confused as I was.

(Dakotas POV)

Randall, Violet and I sat in the room in almost silence, still not knowing what to do to try and escape until we heard a loud thud coming from outside the door, and a very recognizable voice yelling,

"Sucker punch from no where!" Wonder who that could be. A few seconds later the door swung open, Leo standing behind us. "Come on!" Leo yells ushering us out of the room, "I sucker punched this guy from no where it's a move I just invented, I can't believe it worked! We better get out of here!" Leo turned to go around the corner of the building before he was met with Lincoln, Cross bow of all things in hand coming at him with a few of her people behind her.

"Please, Leo. You had to know we'd never let you leave here alive." She says as we all slowly backed away from her. I thought we were all dead till a bucket flew next to me, launching a bunch of phone towards her and her people, immediately making them drop to their knees in pain. Ryan, who threw the phones, ran up and grabbed the cross bow, handing it to his dad before standing next to me. 

"It's over!" He said as Lincoln looked up from the ground.

"Even if you escape we will track you down eventually." She said as the rest of the villagers had began to circle around us.

"Is this what we're doing know?" Randall said to the people. "Kidnapping? Killing?" He tossed the cross bow to the ground.

"She took my parents and girlfriend hostage so I'd keep curing everyone." Ryan continues.

"And it may be killing him." His mother added.

"I thought you people were supposed to take care of each other,"

"Enough!" Lincoln ordered. "Everyone here has a choice, you can continue to live with the pain that Leo inflicted on us, or you can take them barn, and wait to be cured. We can have our lives back, see our families." Aaron and a few more people stepped forward towards us.

"If anyone touches my son." Violet said in his direction.

"Don't do this." Randall says. "We're better than this." At the last second, Aaron punched past all of us towards Lincoln.

"Randall is family." He said. "He goes into the outside world and risks his life for us. And I signed up for the trials to help people, not hurt kids who saved my life." He and a few other villagers began to force Lincoln back into the building we were in. Through her screams of wanting to be let go, I turned hugging Ryan.