2

"Keep the doors locked and don't open it for anyone! You have a knife, so if anyone comes up to you stab them!"

Schlatt rolled his eyes, leaned up against the doorway "you tell me this every single day you leave, I get it. I don't have dementia, I'll remember it. So chill." Puffy climbs on top of her horse "I mean it John!" Scoffing "okay, okay, now leave or you'll be late to your meeting. Sure don't want Dream getting mad again." Luke gets on his horse "we'll be back after the meeting."

"You mean your ten hour one?" Making his brother glare at him "it's only three hours." Schlatt shrugging "still no difference to me."

"Okay you two stop! Come on Luke we're gonna be late. Okay we're heading out love you John, and don't go to the woods! I know if you go!" Slowly riding away "bye! We'll be back soon!" Both his siblings rode away with their horses and into town that wasn't so far from them.

I mean they were only on a good five minutes away, they were the only ones out here but they didn't complain about it, they enjoyed the quietness, it's better than living in the village of course.

Schlatt sighs, stepping inside to grab his jacket, hat, and gloves, sliding on his boots. He grabs an axe in a chest and heads outside to where the shed was.

The first thing he did was grab wooden logs and set it on top of a tree trunk, slamming the axe down against the wood and cutting it in half.

One out of the way, a lot more to go.

One by one he cut each log, piling them against the house in case they needed fire wood which he certainly knew they needed, in a couple of days there was going to be a snow storm so he just cut extra wood just in case they run low on it.

From what he heard the storm was going to be bad, thanks to the people from the south passing down the word to them.

After he finishes he heads inside of the shed, opening the door it reveals the tools hanging on the wall with a work desk and the things Schlatt carved and built. His eyes set on one thing though, and that is the chest hidden in the corner with a tarp over it. He grabs it and drags it over to where the desk was, grabbing a pillow he kept in the shed and sitting it on the floor. The chest was carved but he still needed to add details.

So he sits on the pillow and grabs his carving tools, going straight to work.

The reason he made the chest was so that his brother and sister could put their jackets and gloves in there, or honestly anything of theirs.

Though they don't give him much attention he still loves them, so he secretly has been working on this. He told Punz because he knew to keep a secret, and he wanted Luke's help so that they could finish this together and get it done with quicker.

Just so he could see their reaction.

Together.

Carefully he carved each of their names, trying his best to not cut himself.

First was Puffy, since she was the oldest, then Punz, then him.

Once he finished he smiled softly.

Additionally he added mom and dad's name, something he knew they would extremely love.

The carving went on for a good hour making his hands sore, the good thing was that he carved much more than last time. Moving the chest back he puts the tarp over it, setting boxes of tools and random stuff around and on top of it just so it wouldn't look too suspicious to them when they come inside the shed

He sweeps up the carvings and hides them in the snow, picking up and putting away his carving tools before heading out of the shed.

Man he's hungry.