5

The clock ticked loudly through the silent house, Schlatt completely zoned out on the couch.

All he could think about was Fundy, he is a very nice guy, very enthusiastic, a very big personality, and very…pretty.

He's pretty.

It was the first time he's ever been so close to a hybrid in person. In his entire life. His hair looked so fluffy, he wondered how his ears felt. The way he spoke and laughed was cute, his voice was so calming and sweet. He's never seen a creature as pretty as him.

Not even a normal girl can make him feel this way.

Fundy was just something else.

"Schlatt!"

He jumped in his seat, turning his head to see his sister and Luke, their faces were covered with confusion, their eyes screamed worried "hey, when did you guys get here? I didn't even hear the door open." Sitting up on the couch better, staring up at the two older siblings, Puffy walking up to him "we just got here three minutes ago, and we were calling your name multiple times. Yoy alright? You've been zoned out for a while." Rubbing his shoulder gently, Schlatt nods "yeah, I'm fine, just, thinking."

Luke raises his eyebrow "about what? You've been pretty distracted lately." Crossing his arms, Schlatt gulps.

He's not allowed to go out on his own yet, not that he wants to, well…he does but he cannot tell them about Fundy or walking outside in the woods alone again. He's not really good at lying.

"Oh, uh…about hybrids."

Puffy looked at him, then Luke, looking back at her brother "hybrids?" He was nervous before nodding "yeah, I was just wondering what would be the quickest way to kill them you know?"

Hearing his sister sigh "did you not learn a single lesson after the first time Schlatt? You nearly died and you still want to go hunting?"

Schlatt's shoulders slumped, he could not believe his brother and sister. How could they be this stubborn? He gets it, he's a young man that wants to learn and be a man, he just can't handle them protecting him all the time.

"You guys act like you never nearly died either. I nearly died, so what? At least I'm dedicated to keep on going."

"Schlatt, I'm not dragging my baby brother out of the woods again." He scoffs "that was only once."

"Yeah, then it's going to be four times, and five times. We were lucky enough that the hybrid wasn't trying to kill you, while you were out there alone injured and sick."

Schlatt rolled his eyes, standing up from the couch "don't roll your eyes at me. You are not hunting hybrids, and that's final."

"Puffy–"

"What if another hybrid found you out there? You'd be dead, and I don't want to bury my baby brother." He furrowed his brows "I'm twenty three! You make it sound like I can't handle myself!"

"And you can't! You're not going to be out there doing things you clearly can't handle!"

"What if I can?! Would you fucking care?!"

"Yes! But obviously not now! You're not experienced or strong enough to deal with it!" He furrowed his brows and looked at Luke "Luke! Back me up here!" He raised his hands "she's the oldest here."

"Yeah! I'm the oldest and that's final, and we both are saying no!"

"Luke didn't even say shit! Plus I'm an adult, and a man. I can make my own decisions."