Chapter 7

TW: short chapter

Adam slowly looked up from his knees, the house was empty. He wiped his tears and stumbled to his feet. “Stan!?” He called out, his voice shook as he spoke. He opened the basement door and slowly walked down the stairs trying to stay calm. He met with Stanley, he wasn’t leaning against the bookshelf like always, he was waiting for him.
    “August.” Adam winced at the name and looked to his feet. Stanley noticed, he wanted to say something but he couldn’t. They both were speechless, they both had no idea what to say. So much to say, but they couldn't mutter anything.
    “I see you seem to like Kelsey a lot.” Stanley said, Adams' brows furrowed in confusion. He wanted to say something, he really did but for all he knew, Stanley had let it happen.
    “Lots of confidence for you to say that.” Adam muttered, Stanley looked back hafley offended.
    “Excuse me?” Adam looked back to the ground, not wanting to look the ghost in the eyes. Stanley bit the inside of his lip nervously.
    “I didn’t do anything, August.” Stanley softly said, Adam sniffled. That's when the ghost had realized he was crying, why was he crying?
    “Don’t act all innocent Stan.” Adam snapped back, the ghost was taken aback by the sudden conflict. He didn’t understand why Adam was mad, if anything he thought he had a better reason to be mad than Adam.
    “What have I done August? All I have done is look out for you and you pushed me away, what the actual fuck have I done wrong!?” Stanley barked, Adam laughed slightly.
    “You left me with the devil Stan, you did nothing!” Stanley's eyes softened as tears rolled down Adam’s face.
    “August…”
    “You let her do those things, I’m sorry for leaving you out, but do you know how insane I would seem if I talked to something no one else can see!? I just want some real friends Stan, I’m sorry you aren’t happy, but this is my life and you don’t need to mess it up!” Adam cried, Stanley felt like he had been stabbed 6 times, almost like the night he had been killed. Memories flooded through his head of the pain, but the worst pain he had felt were the words Adam had said. August had said. His human had said.    
    “August I…I’m sorry.” Adam had realized what he said, he felt horrible. He wanted to hug him, but it wouldn’t feel like anything. It would be like hugging air. Anytime they had touched it felt like nothing. Adam opened his mouth to speak but his door opened.
    “Grandpas here!” His father called out, Adam knew that his mother wouldn’t be home yet, he glanced up the stairs. He would finish this later.
    “I’m sorry Stan…” He whispered, walking up the flight of stairs. Adam arrived upstairs, only his father and Grandpa stood. Harvey was his grandfather, he had your usual old clothing and blonde hair that was barely hanging on.
    “Hi Grandpa.” Adam smiled as a greeting.
    “August listen-” Stanley stopped at the door, making eye contact with Harvey. “August you uh…” Stanley fled back down the stairs. Adam smiled awkwardly, trying to act as though nothing happened. He had no idea what was to happen.

A/N

Sorry it's so short I literally just wanted to put in a small bit then everything happens next chapter.

Word Count: 578