Chapter 14

Augustine's POV:

I shivered while walking down the gloomy road. I didn’t really expect it to be this cold. Thoughts ran through my head of Kelsey, MaryAnne, My dad, but they all stopped when I thought about Stanley. Something about him made me feel like I knew him before the incident. But I only met him a week ago. Although, I barely remembered even before the incident. I remembered glimpses of someone I knew. I felt like it was a boy, but I didn’t know. The memories of him felt like he was never actually there, like he was a ghost or something. I tried to pressure it out, but I still have bits missing. I sighed as I approached my house, I didn’t want to go inside. I stumbled into the house and snuck into the basement without making any noise. I looked down the gloomy steps, the interaction with Stanley was odd. He was almost always there when I was in danger, but I still barely talked to him. I felt like I had known him for a while, but I didn’t remember him at all. The book seemed like it was glaring at me everytime I would move around the basement. It was so disturbing, I let out a deep sigh and jumped onto my bed. I didn’t want to move, I didn’t want to talk. The past days had been emotional. I thought about telling someone, but I felt as though they wouldn’t care. I am one person in billions. Whenever I got home I didn’t want to do anything, I didn’t want to do work, I didn’t want to move, and sometimes I didn’t want to breathe anymore.
I stuffed my face into my pillow. I felt tears flow down my face. I didn’t want to be here. I wanted someone to be there for me, but I felt like I had no one to help me. I was all on my own. That hurt. I heard a knock from upstairs. I jumped up, wiping my eyes to walk up stairs. I hoped whoever was outside didn’t alert my father. I crept to the door, opening it. My eyes widened in slight surprise.
“Stanley?” I heard rustling behind me, and a faint voice talking to me. My dad was coming over. I quickly closed the door and stepped outside.
“Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out.” I glanced behind me, hearing my father sound angry with me. I grabbed his arm and nodded.
“Let's go.” I pulled him away from the doorstep. I really just needed an excuse to get out of the house. I stopped once we were a while away from my house. Stanley stared at me in awe, I let go of him and just stared back. I didn’t know if I should explain what happened. Stanley examined me like I was hurt.
“You okay?” He asked, he sounded actually genuine. My eyes softened. I couldn’t help but cry. That was the only thing I could do, I could just cry. He hugged me immediately. I forced my eyes shut, I hated crying near people. I just hated people. Memories began to fly back to me,  what the fuck.

Third person:

    August pulled out of the hug overwhelmed. Stanley’s brows furrowed in confusion. The younger boy's breath quickened as he remembered almost everything. He remembered Stanley, he remembered his grandfather. Everything.
    “What the fuck.” He spat out, Stanley grew even more confused and slightly concerned for the other boy. Stanley kept looking out for him even after he forgot about him. He didn’t know August remembered anything. Yet.
    “What is it?” Stanley asked, resting his hands on his shoulders as a sign of comfort. August looked Stanley up and down then shook his head. No need to cause any problems. He smiled to cover his slight shock as what happened.
    “Nothing, you asked to hang out right? What did you have in mind?” He asked quickly, Stanley calmed himself down and nodded. He only went to August’s house to make sure he was still alive, but he seemed to be unwell, but still alive.
    “Uh well…” Stanley had only just remembered he couldn’t be seen with August. Any chance of one of them seeing him with August would indicate he had his memory back, and Stanley didn’t even know he had it back.
    “August!?” August jumped at his name, and the familiar voice. Both him and Stanley turned to see a familiar face. Well, it was only quite familiar to August even though Stanley had seen them together which he didn’t enjoy much of.
    “MaryAnne, what are you doing here?” August asked, her house wasn’t close enough for her to be walking all the way to his side of the town. Stanley’s brows furrowed in slight jealousy.
    “I was actually going to your house, who is this?” MaryAnne asked, August laughed nervously.
    “This is Stanley, he’s an old friend. Anyways, why are you going to my house?” Stanley glanced over to August. MaryAnne nodded and rummaged through her bag.
    “Well some random old man came up to me and handed me this.” MaryAnne pulled out a Beige colored box, it looked quite old. The paint pealing off of the sides, the color was fading as well.
    “What the hell is that?” Stanley blurted, MaryAnne gave him a mean look, telling him to shut up. August sighed and grabbed the box to examine it.
    “What did the old man look like?” Stanley asked, MaryAnne ignored his question and walked to the side of August. Stanley scoffed and looked over August’s shoulder to watch as well.
    “I wonder what's inside.” August went to touch the box, there was wax poured across the top, the wax slid into the seams of the top that sealed the box closed. August glanced up at Stanley not knowing what to do.
    “Well? What’s inside?” MaryAnne asked, gesturing to the box. August sighed, he knew not to open a box that had been sealed with dried wax.
    “Uhm missy, that is a Dybbux box, it traps spirits or any bad energy. If we open that thing it’ll just create more bad energy for us to deal with.” Stanley explained, snatching the box away from her. MaryAnne scoffed, crossing her arms.
    “How else will we find out why that man handed it to me? Open it!” MaryAnne chanted, Stanley sighed. August rested his hand on MaryAnne’s shoulder.
    “We aren’t opening the box, if we do then whatever is inside could create bad energy.” August explained, just more calmly. MaryAnne let out a strong breath, relaxing slightly.
    “Fine, let's discuss this somewhere else it's freezing.” She begged, August turned to Stanley. He smiled and gestured to down the street.
    “There's a cafe not far from here, we can talk about it there.” MaryAnne glared at Stanley but reluctantly agreed. They had a tension, and conflict that August couldn’t understand. They didn’t seem to know eachother but if they did they weren’t friends to say the least. Stanley lead the way all the way to the Cafe.

A/N

Just some silly chapter ;)

Word count: 1197