Chapter 13

TW: SH AND SLIGHT SA

August didn’t know what to do anymore. He looked at the stairs in front of him, he sat on the cold floor, hunched into his knees against the side of the bed. He looked down at his arm, apparently scratching yourself can turn into scabs. He didn’t know what to do as he stared at the bleeding scab.
    “Shit.” He murmured to himself, he rubbed his sore eyes. His body continued to shake as he pushed himself upwards. Blood slowly ran down his hand. August slowly, and weakly walked over to the stairs. He crept through the kitchen, praying his father was gone. He cautiously made his way into the bathroom. He silently locked the door and walked to the sink. The mirror was a bit smudged, the water was cold. August rubbed his face, his hand stung as he washed his scab. He winced in pain, his gaze turned to the side of the sink. The book. Anger grew in him,  he went to snatch the book but he ended up just hitting his hand on the counter.
    “OW! FUCK!” He covered his mouth quickly, hoping he didn’t wake anyone up. August glanced back down to his hand and sighed. How would he hide that? It was so visible.
    August walked down the hall, pulling his sleeves down slightly. He hadn’t changed since he hung out with MaryAnne. He walked up to his locker and rummaged through it. He slammed it shut, the first thing he saw was someone's face. He jumped, dropping some of his pencils. The boy knelt down and handed August his hand back.
    “Sorry, I’m new here.” The boy had wide trousers which were gray, his white button up shirt tucked into his trousers, he was slim, with more fluffy hair, and his jaw was round but it fit his face, his hair was a dark ginger that shined in the sunlight. August contained himself and grabbed the pencils.
    “Thanks uhm…I’m Augustine, what’s your name?” August began, the boy smiled with a nod. He looked familiar to August but he ignored it completely.
    “Oh, I’m Stanley, I just moved here from…uh…South Dakota!” He explained, August nodded to show he was listening. The name sounded familiar as well. The boy had scars on his face that looked like it went down his whole body. August’s stomach churned thinking about it.
    “Well it was nice to meet you Stanley.” Stanley nodded with a smile. As August walked away he thought about Stanley. He didn’t understand why he seemed so familiar but he did look really nice.
    August walked out of the school, he stuffed his book into his book bag and started walking home. He didn’t want to go home. He thought about where he could go instead.
    “Maybe the library…” He shrugged and turned near the corner to where the library was. He hadn’t gone to the library in a while, and when he did he didn’t remember much, just something with Kelsey. His mood slowly changed as he remembered what happened. He shook the thoughts away and continued to walk. He heard the bell ring as he walked into the library. He wandered around the aisles trying to find something he would like. August ran his fingers lightly down the packs of books that sat on the shelves. He froze as someone walked into the same aisle.
    “Oh, hi Augustine.” August’s heart sank as he heard the familiar voice. He slowly changed his gaze to the person in front of him.
    “Kelsey…” He mumbled, Kelsey smiled. August stumbled backwards. Kelsey stared back and pulled him out of the aisle and into some random room.
    “I missed you~” She pushed him against the wall. August tried to push her off but she didn’t let him go. Kelsey continued to gently kiss his neck. August winced in disgust. Kelsey pushed her body against his. Tears formed in August's eyes as he realized how helpless he was. He was so weak, he couldn’t do anything. He forced his eyes shut, he thought that maybe it was a dream. Maybe he would wake up in his bed and none of this would have happened. Kelsey managed to slip her hand underneath his shirt. He pushed away, Kelsey pulled him in more aggressively.
    “Stop making this harder than it has to be.” She snapped, for some reason August felt hopeless. He felt like he had no power to do anything. He gave up. Kelsey smiled, kissing him passionately. August winced and pushed her away.
    “Stop!” August rubbed his lips uncomfortably. He felt disgusting in his own skin. Kelsey groaned in frustration.
    “Come on! It’s not that hard, don’t you want me!? I have the perfect body type for any man!” She shouted, grabbed August again. But this time her grip was stronger. As August struggled to get away from her, she slapped him.
    “Will you stop that!?” She shouted August glanced back up in horror. Kelsey sighed, she pulled him closer to his face.
    “I don’t want to…” He helplessly said, Kelsey rolled her eyes and forcefully kissed him once more. Tears flew down his cheeks, he hated this. He hated this so much. He felt so weak, and helpless. The door swung open but before Kelsey or August could react Kelsey got pushed to the ground.
    “He said to leave him alone, you whore!” The person shouted, they took August’s hand and dragged him out of the library into an alleyway to hide from Kelsey. August pulled away, his blurry vision started to go away.
    “Stanley?” August wiped his face in slight disbelief. Stanley looked around the corner cautiously.
    “Sorry I didn’t get there sooner August.” August’s gaze softened, the name felt so nice when Stanley said it. But August couldn’t remember why.
    “How did you…” Stanley cupped his face and examined it. His stomach churned, his face flushed red. He took the time to examine Stanley's face as well.
    “Oh, I’m glad you're okay. Do you want me to walk you home?” Stanley let go of August gently. August stumbled over his words trying to mumble something.
    “I…uhm no I’m alright but thank you.” He quickly responded, then started to walk away.
    “Wait, are you sure?” Stanley asked once more, August nodded with a hum. He didn’t want Stanley to see his red face.
    “Bye!” August shouted, before running off. Stanley sighed, he looked back into the Library and glared at Kelsey.
    “I’m sorry I was late again August…” He mumbled, dread fell over him all of a sudden. He spun around looking to see if there was anyone around.
    “I should get back.” And with that, Stanley began to walk off. Quite fast.

A/N

I apologize to Alli for putting up with all of my side conversations while writing this it was very emotional.

Word Count: 1150