Chapter 3 - Hawks

Hawks and Kaminari knew each other quite well. Sure, they were co-workers but the two of them viewed each other as much closer than that though neither would ever admit it. Hawks might. He was very affectionate at times. Kaminari had met Hawks early on in his life when he began working for the Hero Commission. Hawks explained that he was raised in the Hero Commission and would be able to help him get used to working there as well. From that moment forward, the two had grown incredibly close.

The Hero Commission recognized Kaminari's status as being classified information and knew he didn't have anywhere to live. They'd provided him with a home and as thankful as Kaminari was, he hated it. The loneliness of it all made him utterly bored and downright miserable. He'd shared this knowledge with Hawks one day and hadn't expected his close friend to knock on his door that afternoon with three boxes of things claiming they would live together.

Kaminari hated the idea on first thought. It didn't take long for Hawks to convince him though. The man must have a way with words. He'd explained that it would significantly cut expenses down from the Hero Commission's budget because he was living in a house also paid for by the Commission and it would keep both of them less lonely. They'd have more time to work because they had so many projects together and the house could easily fit the both of them with how large it was and give them space from each other when needed.

Needless to say, Kaminari was stuck with Hawks for several years.

It wasn't bad though. Quite the opposite. For the first time, Hawks celebrated his birthday. Kaminari had taken the day off, having had marked it down on his calendar for months. He went out to the store instead and bought party decorations. He got candles that would spell out Hawk's name and a happy birthday banner. Then he went down to the cake shop he'd called into a few days before to retrieve the red velvet cake he had asked to be shaped like an egg and covered in golden fondant and 5 red velvet cupcakes with black frosting that he'd placed the candles into.

After bringing it home, decorating, and waiting, Hawks came back to the house. Hawks wasn't an idiot. He knew what a birthday was. He'd gone to birthdays for kids he'd helped and he'd had a small celebration with Kaminari for his birthday.

When he entered the house he immediately knew what Kaminari had done. Kaminari wasn't sure he'd ever seen the man smile so big.

Kaminari and Hawks both knew that the house had become a home.

-

Shopping with Hawks was certainly an experience. After moving in with Hawks, Kaminari had been berated time and time again for his wardrobe consisting almost entirely of plain white tee-shirts and a couple of suits that he would wash regularly for his job. Hawks was the kind of person who cared a lot about public appearance. He knew the trends that existed in Japan from a fashion standpoint and was in favor of being liked by the public and remaining in his position as the number 2 pro hero (because he did have to admit there was a level of being attractive that went into it) he would follow them. He wasn't going to allow Kaminari to not do the same.

So eventually, Hawks had tricked Kaminari into clothes shopping. Kaminari wasn't a particularly put-together person. For the most part, he was more interested in the functionality of something rather than how cohesive it would be with his other possessions. That didn't stop Hawks though. He was quite dedicated to turning Kaminari into the kind of person who would want to follow trends and enjoy fashion as much as himself. He took Kaminari to different shops and the two of them pitched in money to redo Kaminari's wardrobe.

Kaminari was always attracted to more stealthy clothing that would allow him to blend in. As he tried to go towards clothing he knew would achieve that, Hawks would toss in something he thought Kaminari would look lovely in and occasionally sneak away to put away the clothes Kaminari was attempting to add to the basket.