ONE: The Village of Phoenix Drop

Narrator's POV:

Morning dew covered the grass surrounding the small village of Phoenix Drop as the birds around flew off to catch food or go to their nests once again.

The sun slowly rised over the calm ocean, the water softly washed up on the beach, pulling more sand back into the ocean with every calm wave that splashed up.

The nightshift guards begun making their way towards the Guard Station to check in with their head guard; Garroth Ro'Meave, and second in command; Laurance Zvahl.

The dayshift guards begun making their way to their posts to take over, after a good nights sleep and mornings with their family, they already gotten word of nothing happening and hoped for it to be a calm day.

As the guards made their way into the Guard Station they were met with Garroth and Laurance, they both stood up as the head guard in charge of the nightsift walked towards them, the rest of the guards lined up.

"We spotted a camp a hundred feet away from the wall and scouted it out before making sure that they would be no threat. It is just a traveller making his way towards O'Khasis. Nothing else to report, it was a calm night" The head guard spoke, Garroth and Laurance nodded their heads.

"Thank you Lucien, you are all dismissed" With the word from Garroth, they nodded their heads and begun making their way up to the sleeping quarters or back to their homes to spend some time with their families before going to sleep.

"Go meet with Aphmau, I'll be there shortly" Garroth said, Laurance nodded his head and walked out of the guard station without a single thought, happy he'd be seeing her.

Inside Lord Aphmau's home, Zoey moved around the kitchen humming quietly as she listened to Levin and Malachi, Lord Aphmau's sons, talking quietly with each other, making up their own stories.

Levin and Malachi were practically bouncing in their seats as they ate their eggs and ham that Zoey had set in front of them a few minutes ago before going back to make her's, Lord Aphmau's, Laurance, and Garroth's breakfasts.

Lord Aphmau walked down the stairs, her hair pulled back into a french braid and a smile on her face when she heard a knock on her door and walked towards it.

She pulled the door open and smiled at Laurance as he walked in and she noticed Garroth making his way up the stairs and left the door open as she looked up at Laurance.

"Good morning Laurance" Laurance smiled down at her.

"Good morning Lord Aphmau. Good morning Lady Zoey" Zoey smiled brightly at him as she set the 3 plates down onto the table and took her seat next to Levin.

Garroth walked through the door and smiled at them as he shut the door behind himself and followed Lord Aphmau over to the dining room table and took their seats.

They all begun eating as they listened to Levin and Malachi tell them all about their made up world with huge Wyverns but everyone laughed quietly knowing Wyverns that big only exist in legends.

An hour later Lord Aphmau stood up holding her hands out for her sons to take them, they jumped up and grabbed their mothers hands and followed her out of the house.

Garroth and Laurance bid goodbye to Zoey as she went to start her own time for a bit while the 5 of them started on their morning walk around the village.

As they made their way into the village, Laurance looked over expecting to see the cheery pink haired meifwa who was there to greet them every morning but there was no sign of her.

He couldn't help but be disappointed as he listened to Garroth tell Lord Aphmau about the night shift report while Laurance searched around wondering where she could be.