TWENTY-FIVE: The Wait

Narrator's POV:

Everyone watched in silence as Garroth held Zane up against the wall, not budging despite the fact that he could be arrested for laying hands on the High Priest.

Lady Zianna's eyes widened as she stood next to Emmalyn watching her sons closely, unsure of what the next move is going to be but she knew it wouldn't be good.

Heavy breathing pulled Garroth's attention away from Zane and over to Laurance as red specs started forming around him, Aphmau gasped and started pulling him away.

The distraction aws enough for Zane to kick out Garroth's legs and throw him into the door next to the room Kawaii-Chan is in as another scream came from the room.

Zane ran towards the door but Garroth managed to get in the way of him again and threw him down the hallway as Aphmau started whispering calm things to Laurance still pulling him away.

Zane stood back up as Garroth stood there, with almost a regretful look on his face as Zane pulled a dagger out ignoring his mother's pleas to not do anything harmful.

Garroth dodged the dagger and grabbed Zane's collar again, looking over his shoulder quickly and deciding in that moment he needed to do something big or else it'll end badly.

"I'm sorry mother" Garroth whispered and slammed his back into the other door, breaking it open and tumbling down with Zane, Garroth kicked his foot into Zane's stomach and threw him over him into the wall behind them.

Lady Zianna ran through the broken door and watched both her sons get up, Zane shaking from the anger and fear of losing her and not being at her side.

Zane swung at Garroth again and Garroth barely managed dodge it before grabbing Zane again, grateful that Zane's distraction gave him enough time to throw Zane into the wall.

"I know you hate hearing the screams but Zane you need to stay out of the room! The healer won't do anything with you nearby!" Garroth shouted but Zane heard nothing of it.

Zane grabbed Garroth and pinned him to the wall with the dagger pressed into his throat, Zane held a menacing look in his eyes that almost had Garroth scared if it wasn't for Zane being his little brother.

"If you think for one second I won't harm you to get to her, you're wrong big brother. I don't care who you are if I have to kill you I will, now stay out of my way" Zane growled out and shoved Garroth back.

Another scream could be heard and Zane went to run out of the room but Lady Zianna stepped in his way, staring up at her son knowing he wouldn't harm her.

Zane stared down at his mother, the dagger slipping from his hand and clattering against the ground, Garroth watched in silence as he fixed his clothes.

"Zane please" Lady Zianna whispered with a pleading look.

"Let me go to her, please mother" Zane whispered, his voice pained and Lady Zianna almost faltered at the pain in her son's voice and pain on his face.

"I can't do that Zane. You know very well I can't let you by me and into that room" Zane let out a breath as another one of her screams were heard, he flinched.

"Mother" He whispered, Lady Zianna stared at him shaking her head.

"I love you Zane and as much as I want too I can't let you in that room," Zane took a small step back as Garroth walked up to them. "I know you just got her back and I know how much it's been killing you without her at your side. I know that but right now you can't help her. You certainly cannot help her right now because you and I both know the healer will freeze up with you in the room. She'll be terrified to mess up and accidentally cause Kawaii-Chan even more pain and she knows you'll harm her if she does that. So please don't go in there" Lady Zianna whispered.