Chap 10. "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐲 𝐕𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞"

Vampire
Noun
A corpse supposed, in European folklore, to leave its grave at night to drink the blood of the living by biting their necks with long pointed canine teeth.

FUN FACT: A dog was once voted as mayor four times in Cormorant, Minnesota

--------------------------------------------

"..Who are you?" (NAME) blurted, while glancing around the area, making sure no one else would pop out randomly.

"I'm Streber!" He said. "..The VAMPIRE!" He announced, getting closer to (NAME)'s face, showing his sharp teeth.

(NAME) pulled their arm away from Streber. "You.. You're not gonna suck my blood or anything, right?" (NAME) hesitantly asked.

Streber giggled at the question. "Of course not! I'm a friendly vampire!" He said, giving (NAME) a warm, toothy smile. "..But who knows?" He teased, while putting his cape over his mouth, giving him that "vampire" look.

"Ah.." blurted (NAME). They focused their gaze on the ground for a moment, before looking back up at Streber. "Listen, erm.. Streber. Have you seen anyone named Roy or Kevin? One of them has curly hair, orange and yellow sweater, and a hat? ..The other one is, uhm, in a candy store outfit..?" (NAME) muttered.

"Hmm.." mumbled Streber. He looked down, and his face turned into a thinking face. "I don't recall seeing any of those individuals around here.." He said, still staring at the ground with an intense expression.

"Oh.. Wait, what even is this place?" (NAME) asked.

"I'm glad you asked!" exclaimed Streber. "This is only the spookiest haunted house in town!" He announced, while throwing his arms up in the air. "..Haunted house?" (NAME) replied. Sterber nodded happily.

"..Although, we're only open on Halloween." He said shyly, fiddling with his fingers.

"Oh.." (NAME) replied. At this moment, they realized that this wasn't an actual abandoned house. It was one of those friendly fake ones for Halloween. (NAME)'s shoulders slumped, and they looked down, knowing that they made NO progress on finding their friends.

Streber noticed (NAME)'s sadness. A feeling of hurt shot through his heart. "Hey, you can come back when it's Halloween, so don't worry, my spooky friend!" Streber said, trying to cheer up (NAME).

It seems Streber was misunderstanding the situation. (NAME) was sad because they made zero progress on their search for Roy and Kevin, not because a haunted house wasn't open. However, (NAME) wasn't 100% clear about Roy and Kevin being MISSING, so they couldn't blame him.

"Oh, I know!" Streber blurted, while snapping his fingers, causing (NAME) to get startled. "How about I give you a spooky tour of the spookiest place in town, to cheer you up!" Insisted Streber, while pumping his fists.

"Really?" Questioned (NAME).

"Of course!" He yelled happily. He moved to the side of the doorframe, while gesturing (NAME) goes into the building first, which they do. The second (NAME) entered the building, Streber followed after them. Oh boy. It was time to get spooky.

---------------------------------------
15 minutes has past.
So far, (NAME) and Streber have been spending time together, having laughs and getting spooked.
Currently, Streber was showing (NAME) the hallway people will walk through while in the house.

"So, the actors will pop out from the darkness, and scare the customer?" asked (NAME). Streber nodded. They glanced around, and saw a bunch of actors not currently working. Some of them were hanging up a few more decorations, while some others just chattered with each other.

Streber looked at (NAME). He had a curious expression on his face, as if he was deep in thought. "Hmm.." He mumbled to himself.

"Streber? Are you alright?" (NAME) asked, being concerned.

"Yes yes, everything is alright, friend. However, you don't look.. spooky." He mumbled.

"Huh?" (NAME) blurted.

"Why, it's almost Halloween! You have a costume, right?" He asked, while showing his teeth smile once again. He rubbed his hands together, as if we planning something.  "Erm.. No." blurted (NAME).

"WHAT?!" Streber yelled, getting the attention of a few actors. His jaw had dropped as he starred at (NAME) in disbelief. "Haha.." muttered (NAME).

"Eh, don't worry. We have lots of costumes for you to choose from!" He announced happily. "In fact, I have the PERFECT costume you should try!"

Streber ran over to a cabinet, and almost crawled inside, throwing out random things that was in his way. Once he finally found the costume he wanted (NAME) to try, he rushed back to them, and carefully shoved the costume in their hands.

"It's a slide on costume, so you don't need to worry about undressing." He said happily, while looking away.

(NAME) got the costume, and slid it on. The costume came with a pair of fake, sharp teeth. When they looked in the mirror, thats when they realized..

It was the same costume Streber was wearing. They were both vampires.