Chapter 2

I spun around almost as soon as the hand clasped on my shoulder. I wasn't to surprised to see who it was, Ashkira Simmons. Her eyes and skin are dark, her hair was black and clearly a weave. She was much bigger than I was, she could easily break me like a twig.

"What's up rich girl?" she said through clenched teeth. I nodded and tried to walk away before she started any shit, that's when she stopped me with her brute strength. "Wait a minute, I heard you were talking shit." I wonder where she got that from? I do hardly anything; not even a word about or to anyone. I kept my mouth shut. "Well, did you?" I looked her right in the eyes.

"No." I said. She shoved me against a wall. My backpack lessened the pain slightly but, my back still felt the force of the collision between me and the wall.

"Oh yeah?" She pinned me, I wasn't moving anytime soon. "I swear, you white girls all the same... You wanna open your big ass mouth and when you in trouble you wanna keep quiet." I stayed quiet, I had no idea what to say. "What's wrong? You scared?" I wasn't thinking and I regretted my decision as soon as I did it. I spat on her face and her instant reaction was to punch my stomach. I felt the air rush out of me as I hit the ground. She wiped her face off and one of the people in her "group" began to laugh. She turned and slapped her. "Oh, you think that's funny?", the girl shook her head and looked horrified for a second. She changed her face so quickly before anyone else could notice her fear. She turned back to me and I realized that I was still on the ground. I tried to get up but I wasn't fast enough. She kicked my side, which really hurt. I clenched my teeth to keep myself from crying out. She made me stand up. I figured she wanted a fight. I heard one male scream, "FIGHT!!" and it seemed as if the whole school was watching us in the courtyard and chanting "Fight, Fight, Fight!" She put her fists up, and my reaction was to do the same, she smirked and threw the first punch. I felt extremely weak, and I felt that there was an extremely low chance that I would win. I moved my head left and her punch missed, which seemed to piss her off. I threw a punch that hit her lip, causing it to bleed profusely. She laughed and threw a hook which hit my right temple. I stumbled, my whole world spun, everyone's chants continued but they sounded muffled, I saw one guy who was watching. He was wearing a black hoodie and put his hood over his head, you couldn't see his face... But you could feel his disapproval; he shook his head and turned and walked away. It was almost as if I forgot everything that was happening, but that feeling didn't last long. Ashkira had pulled me with brute strength and it almost knocked me over. I felt something slide down my right temple, I touched it and realized it was blood. She came close and was about to hit me one more time, and I quickly punched with my left fist, which hit her nose. CRACK  I didn't realize my eyes were closed  when I threw that punch and when I opened them, I saw her covering her nose and blood was spilling through her fingers.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!", the courtyard was almost empty. I turned to see Principal Brown staring at us in anger. He came to me and I tried to explain what had happened but, It's kind of hard to say your side of the story when your hands are covered in blood. "I don't want to hear it! To the office now!"