Chapter 3

Ashkira was crying so much... I highly doubt it was because she was hurt, I think... No, I know that it was because she wanted sympathy.

"That's the FIFTH FIGHT this year, Perea!" Principal Brown screamed slamming his palm on the table. There were veins popping out of his pale skin. It caused me to jump ever so slightly, but Ashkira only cried harder. He turned to Ashkira and said quietly, "Can I please see it, I want to make sure you're okay..." She nodded and pulled her hands away. Maybe I was wrong about the Sympathy thing... Her nose was totally out of place and there was blood everywhere. She had stopped crying as Principal Brown gasped. He grabbed the school phone and quickly dialed 9-1-1. "Yes, I have a student here who has a broken nose." He said nothing more and slammed the phone down and looked me dead in the eyes.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! WHAT WOULD YOUR FATHER THINK IF HE HEARD THAT YOU BROKE SOMEONE'S NOSE?" That didn't occur to me until now, I'm dead. I stayed totally quiet. He pulled his glasses off of his face, and closed his eyes. "Your father is such a great man, how in the world did he create such a troublemaker?" He said to himself but loud enough for me to hear. That set me off so quickly, I sprung out of my chair.

"My father is not a great man! He's a fucking douchebag who should be in prison because all he does is BEAT me and my SISTER! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW OLD MY SISTER IS? SHE'S FUCKING TEN AND SHE HAS TO WORRY ABOUT WEARING MAKE-UP TO COVER BRUISES ALL OVER HER BODY AND IS SCARED TO COME HOME EVERY NIGHT. YOU SAY I'M A TROUBLEMAKER? I WAS ONLY DEFENDING MYSELF! SHE-"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!" He screamed, I hadn't realized that Ashkira had gone to the Nurse's office. Or at least that's where I had assumed she had gone.

"Why doesn't anyone listen to me?!" I screamed. He was about to say something else, "No! YOU'RE NOT SAYING ANYTHING! ASHKIRA HIT ME FIRST, SHE SAID I WAS TALKING SHIT, WHICH I WASN'T. I'M NOT SURE IF ANYONE HAS NOTICED BUT I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE DO. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PUNISH ME FOR SOMETHING I DIDN'T DO!"

"Perea... I'm going to question a few students, until then you are to be in the In-School-Suspension Room until further notice. I will call your father to let him know." There was no use begging, he's going to tell my dad no matter what I do.