Chapter 5

I tried to conceal the box under my shirt, but that didn't seem to work. I just carried it and hoped for the best. I got on the bus and took my seat. The bus was totally empty. Damn... How late is it?

There was a fuck load of traffic though. The Bus driver seemed unaffected though. There was always Traffic, but it seemed that no one had a car. As we pulled up to my stop, I stood up and began to walk to the door. The bus stopped rather ungracefully, but I was pretty used to the buses here. "Thanks." I said to the bus driver and he smiled.

I got off the bus and began to walk to my apartment. I held the box really close to my chest and hoped for the best. The sky was black, you couldn't see anything. I looked ahead and shortly reached my apartment. I was scared to go in but regardless turned the knob anyways. The door wasn't locked. I walked in and looked at the clock above the stove that read 12:57 A.M. Oh Shit, I'm in so much trouble. I tip-toed to my room and heard Anna snoring quietly. I looked into the master bedroom and saw that there was no one there. I guess he went out. Thank God.

I walked into my room and put the box on the floor. I shut the door and turned on the lamp that sat on my dresser. I pulled off my shirt and let all of the other clothes follow. I was really considering pulling off the mirror of my door. I was sick of all the twisted scars and my hideous body. I grabbed a giant T-shirt and put it over myself, staring at the box on the floor. I was really tempted to turn it on right now. What if it was some type of joke? Who just gives away a laptop? What if it does work, How am I going to hide it? What if it gets stolen? What if he finds it?

I picked up the box at last and removed the laptop from inside it. It was totally black and had an awkward design (that I have never seen before) on it. I opened it and pressed the power button. Nothing Happened. I press and  held the power button. Nothing happened. I closed it and flipped it over. I saw that there was a space for a battery pack. Which seemed to not be there. Dammit. I should've known.