ricky

AHHH HIII!!!! okay happy first chapter omg!!! i'm soooo excited i think this story should be cute but it'll definitely be a little shorter than my other ones most likely...

I HOPE U LOVE THIS STORY!!!

ENJOY!!!

"i'll send you the confirmation email later today.", i tell my client, standing up and shaking his hand.

i walk around my desk and open the door to my office. my client packs his bag before nodding his head at me and exiting the room.

i let out a breath, pushing the heavy door shut until it clicks closed. i pull my phone out of my pocket and check the notifications on my lockscreen as i sit at my desk chair.

i see a voice mail from my sister and i hesitantly click on it, holding my phone next to my ear.

"hey...it's me. happy december 1st...i know it isn't necessarily your favorite time but you know i could really use you right now."

a beep indicates the end of the voicemail and i pull my phone away from my ear, staring at the screen.

i turn my phone off and toss it onto my desk that's scattered with papers. i turn towards my computer and continue working.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

my apartment key dangles as i slide it into the keyhole. i twist the metal key and unlock my door, pushing it open with my foot as i walk inside, my hands full.

i toss my key down in the small bowl next to the door and set my work bag down on the floor. i slide my shoes off and walk into the kitchen.

it's around 8pm and i just got home from work. most days are usually late nights for me, especially during this time of year. holiday songs and albums tend to take more work and time and i don't know why.

i open my fridge and scan through the contents before grabbing a slide of leftover pizza and placing it on a plate. i heat it up and grab a bottle of water before strolling over to my couch.

i sit down and take the tv remote, clicking through the channels as i start to eat my pizza. as time passes by, i eat the last bite of crust, standing up and tossing the plate away in the kitchen.

i walk to the sink and start cleaning up the dishes that've managed to pile up. in the silence of my apartment, i hum to try and make cleaning dishes go faster.

i place the last dish on the drying rack and and wipe my hands on the towel. i hear a faint knock on the door and i scrunch my brows.

slowly walking to the door, i unlock it and open it. standing in front of me is a girl. she's about 5'5, long brunette hair, she has a smile on her face, and she looks like christmas threw up on her.

"who...are you?", i ask, peeking my head out and looking around outside the apartment.

"my name is nini!", she grins, "and i'm—"

"what are you doing here? do i know you? how do you even know where i live?", i begin questioning.

"slow your roll.", she tells me, "my name is nini and i'm—"

"bowen what are you doing?"

i look behind this girl and see my neighbor entering his apartment across from me. i scrunch my brows and look at him confused.

"why are you talking to yourself?"

my eyes glance to him and then to the girl and back at him. he enters his apartment and then i look at this unfamiliar face.

"why—"

"oh would you shut up and let me talk!", she quickly says.

i widen my eyes and raise my hands in defense. she lets out a quick breath and looks back up at me.

"my name is nini and i'm the ghost of christmas past, present, and future!", she explains and i start laughing.

"that's cute...but go play your christmas game...somewhere else.", i tell her, starting to shut the door.

the door stops abruptly from shutting and i see her holding it open. i roll my eyes and look at her.

"what do you want? money? food?", i ask.

"i want your attention please.", she smiles, "i'm here...to restore your christmas spirit."

i scoff and shake my head, "once again, that's cute...but you have zero idea who i am and what my life is like."

she clears her throat, "i know that your name is richard michael bowen and you work at your company, bowen music production co. i've been informed that when you were little you dealt with divorced parents and then shortly after you graduated highschool, both of them passed. you have a sister, named paige, who continuously tries to see you during this time of year but you continuously ignore her, meaning...you leave her by herself during the happiest time of year. i also know that you haven't celebrated christmas since you were about...mmm 7 or 8. oh! and you've spent every christmas working since you were 24. did i miss anything?"

i gulp and blink my eyes in disbelief. i stare at the woman, astonished by how she knows everything about me, yet i've never seen her in my life.

i scoff, "yes you missed the part where i don't want to feel christmas spirit."