You're Beautiful

Mercedes shut her locker. "I'm not looking for a roll in the hay."

Puck pouted.

She held up her hand before he could speak. "I'm looking for a real relationship so if that's not what you're after, leave me alone."

He sighed deeply. "You don't think I'm capable of something real, do you?"

"It's not me but you who can make that determination."

All of that confused him but he somehow got it. "I want to prove to you that I'm in it."

"Why? Why me? Why are you "in it"?"

"I like you." He replied simply.

That shocked her. "You- you do?"

"Yeah. You rock. I rock. Why can't we rock together?"

She blushed prettily at him saying she rocked. "Thank you for saying that but-"

"No buts." He straightened from his lean on the locker next to hers. "I know you're beautiful and smart and fun and nice. I think we got a real shot."

Her ears matched her cheeks. "Thank you but-"

"How can someone that looks like you have such low self-esteem?" He cupped her cheek.

Her eyes filled.

He kissed her eyelids before kissing her mouth. "Don't cry, Mama."

She sniffled. "Why do you call me that?"

He smirked. "I'll tell you one day. So how's about we go on a date this Friday? I can woo you for real and we can start this out right."

"I'm not having sex with you on the first date." She warned.

He winked at her as he backed away. "Okay."

"I'm not!"

"Okay."

"I'm serious, Puckerman!"

He smirked and walked off.

📄

Finn knocked on the Joneses' door. It was Friday afternoon and he'd gotten out of school early.

The door opened by Laura.

He brightened. "Hi."

"Hi, Finn." Laura smiled warmly. "Come in."

He stepped inside. "How are you?"

"I'm well and yourself?"

"I'm good." He really liked Laura. "Is she here?"

"Yes. She's practicing."

"Practicing?" He frowned as he followed her to the den.

Marcy was at a drum kit while Quinn sat in a chair facing a sofa. Fallen was in her car-seat on it while both teens played instruments.

Finn was in shock. Both played well. He never knew Quinn could play an instrument let alone a violin and he'd never met a female drummer before. "Whoa!"

Quinn looked up at him and brightened but only finished her movement.

When it was over, she got up to set the string instrument down and go kiss him.

"What's up, bro?" Marcy continued to play.

"Hey, Marcy." Finn held Quinn.

"Finish playing and I'll make you a snack." Laura left the room.

Finn had all sorts of questions as the two went back to playing. He was still sore at Puck but he had to tell his best friend this!

📄