Chapter 7

Work and school had me tied up for the following days, and with sleeping three hours I finally managed to have the Saturday free to go to Six Flags. Since I had been busy doing my own things, I didn't really get to text Abrielle much a part from the funny meme messages she would send me every once in a while. At last Friday night came and we were having an early dinner because our parents were going off on a business trip the next morning. Both my parents were telling Lynx the rules when they were gone, because a part from being free on Saturday I wouldn't be home for the weekend.

"Remember there are to be absolutely no parties in this house, and make sure you eat and shower while we're gone"

Well it seems like his idea of an awesome weekend he had mentioned earlier to me just went out the window due to mother's house rules. It was a moment in my life that I had to actually think if I wanted to go through the trouble of helping him not get caught by our parents when they came home. The only plus to helping him would be girls everywhere and perhaps seeing my new best friend as she's given herself that title now.

"Your father and I will leave the camera's on just to be sure you won't disobey us Lynx, like the last time we left for a business trip"

Ha! I remember that like it was yesterday, when Lynx got in trouble for throwing the school's biggest homecoming party back home even though he wasn't a senior yet. Where was I, you may ask? Well I was on the most boring business trip ever with my parents because they wanted me to get a feel on what running the empire meant. Sadly that dream came crashing down when I told them I declined the right to being the heir and wanted to be a mechanical engineer instead.

"Yes...yes I know behave, eat, shower, and lock the doors while you guys aren't here. Still could Abrielle and some of our friends come over for a barbeque since its the last few days of nice weather we're going to have?"

Its like he said the magic words to the hidden treasures, because my decision was immediately made on helping him throw a party. There's also the excuse to have a few beers since I'll be supervising the party as the "chaperone." Before he could get an answer to his question, father replied back to him sooner than mother:

"Well, I wouldn't usually agree to this, but if Abrielle and Orion agree to keep the barbeque under wraps then yes you can have your friends over"

"Wait.....why do they both have to be in charge together?"

"Because your brother doesn't really have all the extra free time in the world right now, and well I like Abrielle better than you"

I didn't know if father was teasing him or if he was actually being serious about what he said. On the other hand our mother looked like she wasn't going to be able to contain her laughter much longer. While I was not sure if to laugh or seriously rub in my brother's face that I was the one who was more responsible out of the two. Lynx didn't seem to argue after he got his explanation, maybe it was due to father accepting Abrielle into the family? Well after that dinner went pretty good and before I knew it I was retiring up to my room to get some rest for the next day's activity. Since I was already in my comfy clothes, I simply just brushed my teeth and laid in bed waiting for the sandman to come and take me to dream world. It seemed fate had other options for me that night because the one person I was ecstatic to be seeing tomorrow decided to text me.

Abrielle: So bestie, your gonna be there tomorrow right?

Orion: Why? Are you missing me? I knew you would miss my devilish charm!

Abrielle: Of course ..... -_- but actually a certain someone has been harassing me all week asking if your going to come with us tomorrow.

My interest peaked high at that moment, who could she possibly be talking about?

Orion: Who wants to see little ol' me again?

Abrielle: My cousin Ayde who you danced at my birthday party all night with is tagging along. I believe she might just have a crush on you! Shhhh... I didn't say anything to you about it though ok?

Even if I kept telling myself that being friends was my best choice with her, I couldn't stop my feelings from being hurt when she said things like that to me. Above all, I had to remind myself that even if I liked her, she already belonged to my brother and I wouldn't come between that. So being the awesome brother and best friend that I am I texted her back like nothing was wrong with what she had said.

Orion: Well I'll keep your dirty little secret if you can give me some help with your cousin ;)

Abrielle: I'll help you if you promise not to hurt her

Orion: Scouts honor!

Abrielle: I'm not a boy so your scouts honor doesn't have value here mister!

Orion: Ok.... ok how about I promise to be honest with her and don't lead her on

Abrielle: Hmmm.... Ok you have my blessing then

For the next hour or so I became my worst nightmare and that being a girlfriend, but I would see the next day that it would pay off. I woke up the next morning around 8 to get ready and to go see if my brother had even remembered we were going out to Six Flags today. After taking a shower and getting ready, I walked out of my room and headed down the hall to my twin's door to knock. Just like I had predicted the moron had forgotten all about it, because I knocked on his door about three times already. Furthermore I wasn't a genius for nothing and easily turned on the security app I had installed into the house when we moved here. Some would think its magic, but really tricks are for kids or in this case simple engineering. I would like to think I'm compassionate with everyone but I could also be Loki's son since I woke my brother up with an ice cold bucket. Oh... did I forget to mention I poured syrup on his hand before waking him up? Ooops! Silly me.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty!"