Chapter 4: The Faceless

Three weeks after I arrested that girl and learned about these...abilities...I've been putting them to good use. And when I say good use, I mean making my job easier on harder cases Cassy and I have been assigned to. Sure, the Captain has noticed my "improvement" on the field with finding and cuffing people faster than anyone, but has that fat pig even heard of the phrase "Day Off"? Me and Cassy are out in the city taking a drive, keeping our ears tuned on the radio...that is till she got bored and started asking me questions out of the blue.

"So! How many ghost have you seen so far? Were any of them criminals? Were you scared when you first saw them? Can you even sleep at night? Can you even-"

I slapped my hand over her mouth to shut her up, cutting her off from even finishing her sentence. Man, this chick can TALK! Why doesn't she have a boyfriend or grandparent to talk her mouth off to. I pulled the car over to a curb and exited the car with her, locking the doors of course, don't want some random crook in the city to steal my baby.

"Do you ever shut up?"

"What do you mean do I ever shut up? I'm quiet when your working."

"So patrolling the city isn't work..."

"It gets boring! Come on, you should turn your radio on sometimes and listen to some music."

"My god...I think I liked you better when you hated me."

"I can go back to hating you if you want me to~"

I stopped for a moment actually considering her offer. "...No...Never mind, just come on I have someone to meet."

"Someone to meet? And you didn't tell me? Is this one of your fellow old officers?"

"Well he isn't old, he's only twenty-three."

Cassy's eyes widened at this knowledge she just received. It seemed she was surprised to find out I have a friend way younger than me and actually close to her age. Then a small grin came across her face as she looked up at me, bringing out the question I knew was coming.

"Soooo~ Is he cute?"

"You'll find out on your own."

"Oh come on! Your no fun!"

"And your annoying, so it seems we both can't get the opposite of what we want."

We arrived at a gym full of people who enjoy working out or just want to say they went to the gym. I lead Cassy to the very back of the gym where we see a young white male with short brown hair working out doing push-ups. He wore only his shorts and shoes, ear buds in his ears. I put my foot on his back, letting all my weight weigh him down till he finally fell flat on the floor.

"Griff! Stop working out and do your job!"