Chapter 17

Eunjin

There was so much blood. She ran her hands gently across Yoongi's chest, and she felt very faint, shuddered breathing.

"Yoongi," she said softly. She was having a hard time reacting any other way that shocked.

Yoongi coughed and blood spewed from his mouth. He groaned a little, and he turned his head to look at her.

"Eunjin."

She gasped and leaned over him. "Yoongi, please."

She didn't know what she was begging for. For him to live? For him to stand up and save her?

"I love you." He coughed again, and more blood came out. "It's okay if you don't love me, but I-" He sucked in a deep breath before coughing even more. "I got to love you."

"Yoongi, stop saying things like this!" She looked up at Taehyung who had a critical eye on her. "What did you do!"

"He killed my father under your orders."

"They were not under my orders! He left to talk to you about the true reasons behind our marriage! He just happened to find the man who spent months abusing me!"

"Eunjin." She looked back at Yoongi. "Go to Jimin. I want you to go to Jimin. You'll be happy." He was gasping.

She looked back at Jungkook like he could help her somehow, but he was staring wide eyed at Yoongi. She looked to Jimin who was horrified.

"You love him, and that's okay." She was shaking her head and crying over him. "Just tell me one time you love me."

"I love you," she said. She leaned over and kissed him despite the blood. "I'm so sorry."

"You'll be a queen. I'm sorry I could not give you that."

"I don't blame you. You were the best husband a prisoner could ever dream of. Just please don't go!"

He didn't say anything after that. She was shaking him, begging him to talk again, but he was too still.

"Jimin, tell him to wake up!" She looked back at Jimin who was also crying. "Tell him your plans for me if he dies! That will wake him up!" He was just shaking his head though. She looked back to Yoongi. "He said he would marry me off to Jungkook and send me away if you died! Wake up, please! You can't go!"

Taehyung crouched down in front of her. "He took my father's head and presented it to you, so I took his life to present to you."

"Taehyung, you should have just listened to Jungkook! He would have told you everything!"

"And what is that, Little Princess? What is everything?"

Her hands were still on Yoongi's chest., and she looked back down at him. She could see it finally, the death that blanketed him. He was gone, and there was nothing she could do.

She looked back up at Taehyung. "Your father was a tyrant! He did everything he could to get me out of his way so he could have my throne!" She took a deep breath. "Or did you already know that? There was no way you could have been so blind for six months, Taehyung. Your father killed my parents, and you must have known!"

"I knew about the letters," he said calmly. "I knew you were being punished. Then I'm told you've run away to be with a bastard."

"I did not run away. I was kidnapped! Jeonghoon concocted some ridiculous plan, and then I was forced to marry Yoongi!" She looked back down to Yoongi. "But he was kind. Taehyung, he left to tell you the truth of things. He left so he could help you storm the city so I could be saved."