Chapter 20

Eunjin

There he was again. He was sitting on the bed as she laid there. He was looking down at her, and he reached out to touch her shoulder.

"Does it still hurt?" He asked softly.

"Sometimes. When I move a certain way it does." She closed her eyes and sighed.

"I wish I could take the pain away."

She frowned with her eyes still closed. "Even if you tried, you couldn't take it away."

She heard him sigh this time. "You were always so stubborn, Eunjin. At least you will have something to look forward to now though."

She cracked an eye open. He was looking at her fondly, the way he often did when she said something ridiculous or beat him at chess.

"What's that?" She asked.

"You will marry Jimin just like I asked you to. You're a queen now."

"You seem happy I'm marrying Jimin." She sat up and faced him.

He shrugged. "I'm not exactly happy about it, but he will make you happier than I ever could. In the end, I just wanted what was best for you."

"Perhaps in another life, it could have been you," she whispered. "I tried, Yoongi. I really tried."

"I know you did. You are in this life, and I am gone. You are free now." He kissed her forehead. "Jimin is the best choice for you."

"As always, Yoongi, you and Jimin seem to forget my own choices." She fake pouted. "What if Jimin isn't who I wanted?"

He laughed. "I am many things, my love, but I am not stupid."

She fought a smile. "Very well, then. Is there anything else you wish to tell me?"

He hummed in thought. "I suppose not." He reached for her hand and squeezed it. "Thank you, Eunjin, for making a small part of my life so great."

She opened her eyes. She was startled to find someone in her room, and she thought for a moment that it was just Yoongi. But she was awake now, and he was still dead.

"Queen Eunjin, I'm sorry for scaring you. It's time to get you ready for today." Sana looked a little sheepish as she stepped further into the room. "Lady Areum will be joining us soon, so let's get your bath going."

She let Sana guide her to the washroom. She seemed to space out as her hair and body were washed, and she hardly noticed being pulled from the bath to be dried.

She also didn't notice when Lady Areum arrived with her dress.

Her mind kept drifting to the dream. She felt such deep sorrow, and she also felt that Yoongi wouldn't return to her dreams again.

"Eunjin dear, look alive," Lady Areum said. "I know Jimin can be insufferable, but you seemed so happy about this just yesterday."

"Lady Areum, when your husband died, did he ever visit your dreams?"

Sana and Lady Areum both stopped what they were doing to stare at her.

"Have you been dreaming of Yoongi?" Lady Areum asked sadly.

Eunjin nodded. "When he died, he told me to go to Jimin. Now I'm dreaming of him, and it seems so real. He seems so alive in my dreams."

Sana sat the brush down and walked around to face Eunjin. "Do you feel any guilt?" She asked. "For going through with this, I mean."